Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If its as good as they say it is, I am going to have to consider it very carefully. I think I need to schedule a test ride

From MCN:

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

i. Even the updated engine has a slightly vibey old-style feel when you rev it.

ii. It may be tuned for more mid-range than all-out top-speed punch, but the ZZ-R1200 remains one of the fastest bikes on the planet,

iii. It’s supremely comfortable and though it feels like a big bike, it takes on back roads like something much smaller.

iv. The changes put it (it meaning the ZZ-R, a reference to the ZX-11, called ZZ-R 1100 everywhere but NA) back into Hayabusa territory. It’s nothing amazing, just a package that can take on everything you throw at it and do it at speeds you wouldn’t believe.

v. The bars are wider and higher than the old bike’s, the pegs are lower to give you more leg room and the seat is big, luxurious and very welcoming. Like the old bike, the dash is plain, but comprehensive. There’s a temperature gauge, fuel gauge, speedo, rev counter and a digital clock.

vi. Nothing prepares you for the new bike’s gorgeous whining sound and instant thrust off the bottom end. Hit 8000pm and it’s really hauling, with loads of torque and loads of power.

vii. Line it up for a corner and the bike needs a bit of effort to set it up, but the whole experience is very predictable. Give the ZZ-R enough time to react and it goes in predictably and holds a tight line.

Once it’s cranked over in a long bend it just starts to get a little weave on, but cranking up the rear pre-load makes it a bit stiffer and responsive.

viii. Start really working the new four-piston Tokico calipers and you can feel the weight beginning to overpower the brakes, but 99.9 per cent of the time the set-up is spot-on.

<hr></blockquote>

__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ZZ-R seems like its EXACTLY what I want.

Its not pretty at all, is it? I wish they would offer it in solid maroon, or Navy Blue or Black, or British Racing Green.

It can certainly play!!

__

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

man, I am really split. Here I was all set to get a W650 before kawasaki kills it, and on the other hand the ZZR is just so darned attractive!!

On one hand, if I got a ZZR1200, I wouldn't need to keep the ZX-12R anymore. And I would have a very usable, very competent bike. On the other hand, I don't want to pass on the 12R, and having both it and the W650 would make for such a wonderful contrast of expereinces.

What to do? well, I am just fretting really. I am not likely to buy another bike for a while yet.

__

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

Well I should be able to help ya out /images/icons/wink.gif

My buddy just bought the zzr today!! Picking it up tomorrow with him. I'll let you know what the deal is with it..

·
Registered
221 Posts

Shotimer,

see below. Available in Europe but not the UK. Kick ups some stink because the ZX12 wasn't going to be available in blue in the US but it is now.

I've got todays MotorCycleNews if there's anything you want to know from the full review.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Spankle:

Put as much of the article in as you can. I'm going to try & hunt down an MCN, but I don't think I can find it anywhere around here. I also missed the article on the 2002 ZX12.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
2002 ZX12R

2nd page of the ZX12 review. The first page was all about the changes and was straight out of the Kawasaki promotional blurb.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: 2002 ZX12R

A massive thanks from me!! ALthough I think this is very serious copyright violation, so Kent may remove this. People, read it while its here!

on the zz-r1200, I don't like that particular blue. I was think a darker deeper blue, like that police zx-12R. I'll post a picture of that pike to indicate what color I mean.

__

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Man that article on the ZX-12R is awsome.
Almost makes me wish I had gotten the new 02 instead
of a leftover 01.
Nice to see good reviews on it.

"I wanna be a Kawboy baby... with the throttle rolled back and the front wheel flyin'..."

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

I love the quote from the article,

"Why you need this kind of thrust is not completely obvious but, beleive me, you do."

/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

I've seen one on the freeway twice this week. Headlights are very distinctive. Look nice and bright, too.

I noticed the Kaw has a 6 speed tranny and the Yammie has a 5 speed. Why doesn't the Yammie have a 6 speed?

·
eSpellinbeechampyun
6,773 Posts

... D*mn it, every single time I think I know forsure that I want the 2002 ZX-9R, something like this pops up...

What in Gods name are you guys trying to do to me here!!!

[email protected] those <font color=blue>OUTLAW BIKERS</font color=blue>!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts