Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking around at these under trays for my bike and im wondering if theyre for looks or do they hold stuff?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey,

Mostly for looks, you'll loose about (if not at least)half of your trunk space due to the tire 'indention' in the undertail piece. Besides having to find somewhere to put your turn signals, remount your license plate, and then jigsaw, rototool, dremel tool etc your rear fender just to install it. With all that said .....DO IT !! you'll love it. Well worth it

Hope this helps

Jeff

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i think im going to get one. nice bikes the under tray looks really good on them. Whats up with your licence plate? its really low!
(on the 9r)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
2k1zx9r, your plate does look kinda low but maybe it's just the angle of the picture. i did mine last week and i'm suprised how visible the plate still is. i think it's in the same place as yours. i bolted it to the black plastic behind where the battery holder is.

·
Registered
283 Posts
just got my Pyramid Plastics undertray for my '99 7R - not too expensive and relatively easy to fit....will post pics when done...

Things To See, People To DO....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey All,
You almost HAVE to mount the license plate on the bottom of the battery box, or you wind up covering (blocking) all the great work you just paid for. I hate to put this out because they're crooks(stay away from them-look at the pics of they're product and go make your own) but texasfairing has a mount that straps on the end of your muffler.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts