Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki have discoverre that since they went from iron liners in the bores of the ZX6 to plated bores, they've got loads of spare metal. So they've taken some off and made the capacity bigger whilst making the bike lighter (1mm off the bore weighs more than 1mm on the piston).

Can't you see what's happening, another 36cc next year and then the year after and then the year after that they'll finally have a 750 with a decent power to weight ratio. It's brilliant.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Spankle,

How's the 12 doing? Guess you've done some ridin' this week. The weather's been splendid this week, at least it has here in Belgium. Every night before I go to sleep I'm reading a 12's review all over again hoping to get a nice dream. Still waiting though...

·
Registered
806 Posts
The 636 is reality in GB. The reason the states aint getting it is because Kawasaki still compete in your Supersports (they dropped out of ours)

The gain is about 6 hp, obtainable with a good can anyways so its not worth the hike to the next insurance bracket.

Im made up with the change. The value of my 1 year old zx6r has risen by a half in the last 3 weeks, The 636 is a non-starter, most either want a 6r or a 7r, not anything in between

Pic of me new 6r attahced, stock except for sensible mods

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blackniner,

Only picked the 12 up today. Planned to do lots of miles but only managed 23 back home. Unfortunately a friend smashed his Triumph 595 up last weekend and ended up in Newcastle General Hospital so I went up to visit him. I was going to take the bike but constant revs for 3 hours each way is the worst possible way to break it in so I caught the train.

Anyway, its beautiful, smooth and early indications are very good but I'm only at the 4-5000rpm stage. I'm taking it on a run to my brothers tomorrow and then to Brands Hatch next weekend so I'll let you know as I get a better feel.

The one thing that did strike me was how much more comfortable it was than my gixer (which to be fair is one of the reasons I changed).

Another friend picks up a new ZZR1200 this week so within a month or so I'll be able to compare the two side by side and let you know.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Another friend picks up a new ZZR1200 this week so within a month or so I'll be able to compare the two side by side and let you know.

<hr></blockquote>

Dr. Spankle

Let me know the results you get between the two, though I know it'll be no comparison with the 12R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts