Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes my ram air duct has broke again! This is such a big pile of crap. So Kawasaki is not going to fix this they tell me? What a complete load of crap! Anyone have a fix for this yet? I should have bought a Honda. lol The screws vibrate out of this thing as well. The seat screw has came out like 3 times already. What else can I complain about. Ohh the radiator came off the nipple a couple times as well. I am so about to take this bike to the dealer and tell them to kiss my a$$. Anyone fix these problems yet? Why the heck won't kawasaki fix it? Peace, Shane

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Locktite , should keep the screws in place , ive never heard the snorkles breaking yet , just wondering how hard are you putting down your wheelies , they do have a tendacy to brake thinks if the frong end of any bike

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had my ZX-10 since March 04 and haven't had any problems other than having the front wheel replaced under warranty. How are you riding the bike, if you're coming down hard from wheelies then Kawi shouldn't be responsible for replacing items that your breaking. However if they break due to stress or vibrations then I can understand your frustration with Kawi. So tell us how are you riding the bike?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
smikels said:
Yes my ram air duct has broke again! This is such a big pile of crap. So Kawasaki is not going to fix this they tell me? What a complete load of crap! Anyone have a fix for this yet? I should have bought a Honda. lol The screws vibrate out of this thing as well. The seat screw has came out like 3 times already. What else can I complain about. Ohh the radiator came off the nipple a couple times as well. I am so about to take this bike to the dealer and tell them to kiss my a$$. Anyone fix these problems yet? Why the heck won't kawasaki fix it? Peace, Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine that your approach problem, Kawasaki must be just a bunch of bloated a$$holes. :rolling:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
After tons of research and late hours, I have crafted a solution to this on-going problem.

I will start selling it immediately for $349 US.

Please PM me if you are interested.

PS. I'm looking for retailers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok yes I do ride the bike hard. And yes I have set the bike down hard a couple of times. I guess if there was more then just plastic holding the front end on then it might hold up a little better. I looked at it again pretty hard today and I am sure I will be able rig something up to keep this from happening. I guess I bought this bike as my toy and not to just keep the front wheel on the ground. I owned a couple other bikes and haven't had this problem. To me it was a poor design to save a couple of pounds is all. I am not sure I am ready to fork over 300 plus dollars for the fix yet. I saw a fix for the ZX6 that looks like it would work for the ZX10 as well. Is the RAM air ducts the same size on both bikes? I was just looking to see if anyone knew of a fix that worked really well was all. I am sure I will get it fixed without kawasaki. Shane

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
well, did you buy the bike because it wheelies that easily?
for it does do it that good because they saved the extra weight.
they did this by the way to get a bike suited better for sportive riding, not to make it wheelie easier :smirk:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I owned a couple other bikes and haven't had this problem

[/ QUOTE ] mounting tabs on the headlight of the R6 break , 96 to 2000 gsxr breaks the ram air and lower headlight mounting tabs , 2000 to 03 gsxr also breaks the headlight tabs easily . Ive seen an R1 stress crack the upper . You just have to learn how to set them down smoothly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts