1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
That's a pretty good deal. Kawasaki ALWAYS has some cool deals on their website, it's crazy.

I don't know about that checkerboard pattern though...

·
Registered
195 Posts
just baught 2 for my 6r thanks for the deal

<font color=green>sorry officer the dealer must have filled my front tire with helium or something</font color=green>

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey c-not, a little off topic but i think it was you a while back who had a place to get large size hex sockets for the 9. if so could you lemme know again where you got them? need to get that front wheel off!

·
Registered
327 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, those aren't seat cowls, but fabric type covers that go over your seat. If that is what you wanted, great. If you thought it was a cowl, check to make sure.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

a place to get large size hex sockets for the 9.

<hr></blockquote>

Pick them up at http://www.mcmaster.com/

those aren't seat cowls, but fabric type covers

<hr></blockquote>

Yup, thems covers, not cowls.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cruuk,

Not sure how it is with the zx9r but I have a 98 zx6r and that tool is in the tool kit that comes with the bike.

Ezra
Kawasaki 98 ZX-6R

·
Registered
101 Posts
yea i guess it is! good to use for now but i would like to get an actual socket. and for the swingarm you need the big one for sure. 22mm definately not in the tool kit :). thanks for the heads up tho man. thanks for the info c-not.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are the full details on the tools.
<font color=green>I had asked where to get some tools for my '00 ZX-9, specifically the large hex-bit and regular sockets for wheel removal. I was steered to McMaster-Carr, and one of the engineers I work with happened to have a catalog. The 30mm socket is used for the steering stem and swingarm pivot. The 32mm socket is used for the rear axle. The 17mm hex-bit is used on the left side of the front axle, the 22mm for the right.</font color=green>

My seat cover came in yesterday. I'll take the bike to an upholstery shop to have it installed. (If I did it, I'd be sitting on staples!!)
I'll leave the bike (or wait) because the main seat has a pattern that matches the stripes on the bike. If you don't put the cover on in just the right place the graphics won't line up. I'll post again with all the details.

·
Registered
195 Posts
recieved mine today they dont give you any more fabrib than they have to i had to do a lot of heating and stretching but they look great! espeacialy for the price!

<font color=green>sorry officer the dealer must have filled my front tire with helium or something</font color=green>

·
Registered
490 Posts
I want to see, but the kawasaki site seems to be down /images/icons/frown.gif

By the way, there's a guy on eBay also selling homemade covers, and he can do custom colors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1816906683&r=0&t=0

If you do a search, he also sells rear covers separately. I can't vouch for their quality or anything, as I haven't ordered from him yet. I'd been planning to order from him for the longest time, but never got around to it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Seagram I asked about the quality for my bike a while ago and its supposebly the same material they use for the second look. I didn't get it because people have said it doesn't match the yellow on my bike well but the black and white one for the erion supposebly looks great. Sorry I don't have info on the kawasaki's though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ordered mine Sunday, finally got confermation yesturday,29.99 for the set for mine. I can't wait.

<font color=green>If your elbow isn't touching, what's the point in riding?</font color=green>

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ordered mine Sunday, finally got confermation yesturday,29.99 for the set for mine. I can't wait.

<hr></blockquote>

Oh well, so much for me being the only one on the block with one. /images/icons/wink.gif
I'm glad they're selling.

What kinda shiat is that? 80 bucks for anything newer than your 98! Looks like the same thing just a different color!

<hr></blockquote>

????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
195 Posts
heres mine installed but my bike is apart right now

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Very nice looking /images/icons/cool.gif

But where did the rest of your bike go???? haha /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey, I paid $100 for those seatcovers about a year and a half ago. They are definately super sweet! They won't fade at all! The only bad thing is that if you carry a passenger they will slide all over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts