Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
thanks sabre.

I quit visiting the ZX-12R forums because I didn't feel like wading through all the bad attitude, the trash talk, the testosterone overspill/mental paucity to get to the good stuff. This is the good part. I guess I should head over there more often.

Finances don't allow me to buy another bike. I really want to keep the 12. But all machismo aside, is there any need to? I mean, if the ZZR would meet my needs better than the 12, is my loyalty to the 12 misplaced?

I wonder if I should put it up for sale......

__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hold on a minute there Sho.
I was not even suggesting you sell the 12, and buy the ZZR.
I know you wanted some opinions, I found one, and shared it.

I think that review states how close the ZZR and the 12 are
performance wise. I don't think you need to trade, unless
you want to carry passenger and hardbags all the time.

I don't think the differences between the bikes are worth
spending the money to trade.

Of course, this could be a biased opinion./images/icons/wink.gif

I know what you mean about zx-12r.org and their forums.
I guess I have not completely given up on them yet.
I still wade through the BS once in a while.
Esportbike forums are much friendlier.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
sabre,

its only brain farting. I am keeping my 12 for right now. I will probably ride it for a very long time. Actually, its very likely that I will own it for good.

__

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problems Sho, I'm just giving you a hard time.

Glad to hear you still like your 12.

I know I like mine.
So far it's what I wanted it to be.

It draws a lot of attention though.
Don't know whether people like the bike, or the color, or
the sound, but it sure turns heads.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
yeah, its staying. I recieved the sprockets a couple of days ago, the tyres should be coming soon, (if the damned chaparral guys ever shipped the front one) and I'll be back riding the beast! /images/icons/laugh.gif

__

·
Registered
221 Posts
Within about 4 weeks I should have run my 12 in (broken in) and spent some time on my friends new ZZR12 so I'll let you have some opinions of the two side by side if you want.

When all said and done, the ZZR is a fine bike by all acounts, and very practical, powerful, comfortable. But both reviews I've read have referred to it in terms of a very fast couch. Couches aren't sexy.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
yes, but thats my whole point. I have grown beyond needing my motorcycles to be sexy. Well, actually I still like sexy motorcycles, but I am past giving up functionality and usefulness for sexiness.

__

·
Registered
221 Posts
Shotimer,

it's all relative. What you need is 6 months on an R6 or a gixer and you'll be thrilled with the 12s ergonomics again.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Yes, but thats why I don't own an R6 or a gixxer or ever intend to. I am not bashing the 12's ergos at all. I am only saying that I'd like the ZZR's much better.

The ZZR is plenty fast (more than the ZX11), its very spacious, they say
its very comfortable, its hugely more refined, its mechanically superior (throttle action smoothness etc), its much better built. So why did I buy the 12 over say the ZX11 or the CBR-XX? Because I was then still in the "wanna be a bada$$" mode. If today I was buying a bike, I would not choose the 12 over the ZZR.

But I don't want the ZZR enough to give any serious consideration to getting rid of the 12 to have one.

__

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
by the way, guys, don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE zx-12r fan. when I think of where I started on two wheels (7hp scooter), the best I expected to ever ave (11hp 100cc 2 stroke) and look at what I actually own, I get my breath taken away each time!. How fantastic the 12 is and how fortunate I am!

__

1 - 15 of 15 Posts