Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YZF600 vs \'03 R6

I'm considering trading up from my YZF600 to an R6 next year? Less weight, more agility, more revs. Do you think the addition of FI will improve the midrange torque of the 2003 R6? I would love to have get an R1 but I don't think I am quite ready to tackle the torque, insurance, etc... The YZF600 is a very forgiving bike but it is getting a bit long in the tooth.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Re: YZF600 vs \'03 R6

not to be an intruder....why not consider a slightly smaller step up than the r1....what about a gixxer 750, zx7r, or a 900 or 929cbr, or 9r...but the r6 is way faster than the yzf600 r....an 03 r6 would be nice for sure. it's up to you, but have an open mind and get the best bike for the money.

willie

·
Registered
662 Posts

I'm going to make the same move you are considering slugbug. I am hoping the next R6 will be fuel injected because that way I won't have to worry about choke, jetting, or carb synching. I'll just get a power commander and reprogram to my taste. As long as it has the same ergos as the current R6 I will get it. I still want to stay with a 600. Of course it won't be as comfortable as my 98 600r but I plan to keep it for long trips and commuting to work.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

the YZF600 is a good bike and getting a R6 would definitely be a step up. Obviously not as big of a jump as to a R1 but everybody that I know with a R6 is more than pleased with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts