Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been awhile since we have done posts such as these. This is Yamaha our GSD out in the front yard. She is almost 7 months old now.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
That's one Yamaha thieves AREN'T going to quickly load into the back of a pickup. :laugh

I'll leave out the fish, crab and Chinese dwarf hamsters and stick with the bigger guys. Some only marginally though.

Sammy, our Lhasa Apso, passed out on the couch...

Myles, our African pygmy hedgehog, attacking my shorts the night we brought him home...

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zoey ~ She thanks you.....

Duc ~ dude you have some pets there lol......we would have more but the 10 year old has some allergies.....we got lucky with the dog....

Nah not going to load her up anywhere....she is skittish as it is being a puppy....picking her up when you are not one of her humans as we are here in this house will probably get you promptly bit.....

Where would you get a pygmy hedgehog by the way?

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What in the heck do you feed a hedgehog? What's his temperament like?
It looks like it is about to get fed some scrotum lol......

And it biting where it is biting should tell ya its temperament.....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Duc, my friend has three Lhasa Apsos, all of them girls. They are cool dogs, but really stubborn. I really like your hedgehog. Zoey, I like your cats. Those are some really good pictures. Some from my family:

Kim brought this with her into our family...Sweetpea:

The original cat, Skyler:

He is the chillest cat.

His little brother, Gino:

The one time they got along:

And my first cat ever, SlimShady:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Dude, your dog is tiny! Cute little bugger. I think she weighs a quarter of fatazz Bailey weighs! The cats are going to have a heyday picking on her.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
What in the heck do you feed a hedgehog? What's his temperament like?
You can buy commercial hedgehog food but the "elite" say they are too high in fillers and not the best source of nutrition. Kitten food is highly recommended and has been working out okay. One two week spell where Myles wasn't eating as much but he's rolled back to his usual intake. We also give him a couple of meal worms every 3 days which he devours. It's funny to hear him smacking while he eats, not so funny when my 8yo daughter does it at the table. :smirk

Temperament depends partly on the animal and partly on the owner. If you never handle your hedgehog he'll be a crotchety ball of spikes. The more you handle them the more they relax and come to trust you. When I reach in at night and remove his plastic igloo (pigloo) the quills on Myles' back can go from flat to get the f__k back pretty quick, depending on how asleep he was. LOL I typically lay my hand in front of him and slowly a nose will appear...once he realizes who it is he chills out and I'll pick him up.

The quills can really hurt too. If Myles doesn't want to be picked up, it's damn hard to do so with your hands. He'll ball up so tightly that the quills are so rigid, even rolling him onto your palm hurts like hell! The other thing, like poking a turtle in the butt and having your finger clamped shut within his shell, you don't really want your fingers near the belly if the hedgehog isn't ready to be picked up; the act of tucking into the defensive ball traps your fingers into the middle of a ball of needles and again...hurts like hell. :tongue

Keep...stubborn is an apt description. He's a good dog though.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Cool pet pictures!

Sadly, the way my mind works what stood out was...

like poking a turtle in the butt and having your finger clamped shut
Is Duc a serial turtle butt poker?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Or your unruly friends. Maybe Harley riders? If you could throw him into a Harley guy, then have him un-stick himself and return to you! Duc, you must do this.

edit: made me think of this:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Can you use him to scrub a tile floor, or sand a piece of wood?

Hey, I need to do some fiberglass bodywork repair. Can I borrow him?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts