Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i proclaimed the Germans were coming, but this is ridiculous...!!! a motorcycle version of the mclaren lmp417...!?!?! NIIIICCCEEE...!!! i thought i was the only one good for thinking up stuff like this...??? certainly, it is to DROOL. LOL so long as it makes the light of day sporting pneumatics, then by all means... may Daimler "weave it's Schwabian magic"...!!! :)

perhaps BMW (who's truly been rumored to venture into GP1) will get a final incentive from this drawing and drop that "boxer cup" nonsense, rotate that engine longitudinally and design something with a "roundel" on it and enter the "big show". :) from the look of this drawing, i'm guessing it's the work of the imaginative mind of either john keogh or glynn kerr...? they even managed to pen it with an appropriate set of tires (true to F1 overall) irregardless of what the car version wears. :)

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just finished watching the Williams BMW and "ralphy boy" in the F1 Spanish grand prix (round 5) this morning. btw, his teammate montoya practically "mowed down" some of his own pit crew during a stop (although the "lollipop" man was stupid for thinking that sticking his foot out would somehow stop a 900hp F1 V-10, LOL) so this seems an appropriate time to post this...

well well... i does look as if bmw's has gotten that "incentive" as i suggested...!!! :) too bad i don't get the print copy of mcn. perhaps i MAY live to see the day...!?!?! LOL

copy/paste from mcn...
_________________________________________________________________________________________

BMW’s GP bike revealed

24 Apr 2002

This is the bike that will change the way you think about BMWs. It’s a totally new three-cylinder four-stroke designed to compete in GPs.

You can read full details of this stunning machine in MCN, out on Wednesday April 24, together with how BMW’s plans for Grand Prix success are gathering pace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts