Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought chainwax for the new chain i was getting assuming that i was getting an o-ring but i ended up with a X-ring chain. Can i use the chainwax or should i go with a regular lube? Does it not matter? I bought maxima chain wax. How often do you guys lube your x-ring chains? Thanks cuz i know you guys have good input for me.. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
There's not any special lube for X-ring chains..just use a lube that's designed for o-ring chains. I have an X-ring chain, I use PJ-1 chain lube..

The only difference between the two is that in an X-ring chain the O-ring is shaped a little different.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Just get that all-in-one lube..You can use it on the chain, in the oil pan, in the car, in the kitchen, in the bedroom..everywhere!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
That's the stuff...

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I use KY, it is water based and washes right off. Sorry we are talking about chains right. I use Wax it does not fling all over the place

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
another thread straight into the gutter....

I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
The question got answered, didn't it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
When it's dry & needs lube, I just spit in my hand & rub it on.... OH CHAIN lube, ummmmm, uh, Maxima chainwax.

<font color=blue>That's not a <font color=red> THREAT, <font color=blue>it's a <font color=red>PROMISE!!/images/icons/mad.gif

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Yes, a couple questions got answered here, one of which I really didn't need to know.....

I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what other question... we were talking about lubes....... for chains....... /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its like switching brands... having lube on their previously isnt gonna hurt it and using the chainwax can only help.

If your concerned you should probably clean the chain anyway. Theres a thread in this forum on chain cleaning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I prefer the wax over the lube. It sticks to the chain rather than your tires and rims. Spraying on a warm chain is best. Take er' around the block, hit it with the wax and yer good... No "fling".

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The instructions recommend getting it warm first that way it gets into the crevaces when you spray it on, they also say to clean off all the old lube as it will prevent the wax sticking. I use a dry teflon spray as that doesn't fling off or collect dirt.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts