Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Have to agree it's a very cool little bike. I don't think he'll get his money back out of it though. Well, for that price you could buy a RS250 & throw lights on it.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah - that's an unfortunate truth about project bikes or cars.

Witness the '50' craze right now where people build lil' Honda fifties with aftermarket wheels, suspension, frames engines... everything - and wind up with a mini that costs more than a new 600 :crazy:

But, what the hey, plenty of people think spending any money on something as frivolous as motorcycles is silly :lol:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
This come up frequently. Someone wants to upgrade some older 600 can-o-tuna with cams, suspension, turbos and such or even more elaborate custom parts. It is always correctly point out; “why not save the money and by the gixxer 1000 and sell the tuna if you want a faster better handling bike?” What people tend to over look is the enjoyment of the process. The reason people spend lots of money for bolt-on ricer bits for the Civic or hundreds of hours restoring an old Norton is not because of the money they will get out of it but for the enjoyment of doing the job.

Now it does sound like this guy didn’t do much of the work him self with the term “professionally installed”; though he may just be saying that to cover up that fact that it really is a home built job even if it was very well done. For the amount of work it would take to do that 10 grand is cheap. If you really want that type of custom vehicle and don’t want to do it your self then this is a deal. Plus it looks like it would be blast to ride.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
all's i can say is HOLY SCHNIKKKEEES...!!! now that's what the hell i'm talkin' about (although i had hoped somebody would've done this with an rs250?). :applause: :bow: it's like CCR television (chop, cut, rebuild), but for motorcycles. :laugh: but wait, where's the magazine coverage...? norem ya gotta get on that. that ranks right up there with the best busa motor in a gsxr750, kawi v12 out of CBX cylinders, or ex500 in a 7r chassis stories. that's what i call PFT... "pretty fuggin' tight"...!!! :waytogo: it's good to see a "custom" bike OTHER than the usual fair from the OCC, paul yaffe, billy lane, jesse james types.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you follow his link to MonoGP ? Cool stuff :waytogo:

I think most people would be suprised to ride along with a motard on a track. At our local track (which is short and tight) the motards rule, even though they suffer at the end of the straight.

I think a bike like this would be :bow:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
just checked it out. the 426tz is equally PFT...!!! :waytogo: they need to stop dickin' around and cop a 450 then sup' it with one of the numerous MX performance or bore kits. a step above i suppose the custom mono's built from rotaxes 'cept... they don't use rotaxes...!!! :laugh: there's a racing outfit from the U.K. (chrysallis) that used to compete for years in the super singles category of TT (before it went defunct back in '00) that used to build all manner of custom 650 singles outta BMW GS funduros. they were along the lines of muz scorpions and stuff like that. don't know if they're still around or not...?

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
in the feb issue of rrw there's an article on an all honda swap of a CR450F swap into an RS125. i don't have it yet, but that's the indication...

[ QUOTE ]
February 2005 Issue Contents
Honda RS125/CRF450R Hybrid Road Racer

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts