Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn what's up with Mr. "Contact" Roberts??? I understand last lap pushing your way through but in the middle of a race?? I wonder how honda would have felt it he took out Nicky and himself???? Well he did take himself out with that heavy throttle hand.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
He's fast, I have to give him that. But he's also a little bitch. I guess it's from big Kenny slapping him on the back of the head saying "Why can't you be more like your brother!?" /images/icons/laugh.gif

Then again, Kenny Jr. isn't such a gracious racer when things aren't going his way.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Uh no. Both Roberts are idiots. BTW Honda has no say in what Roberts does. Hes riding for Erion, not Honda.

YZFRob

97 YZF750R7
93 CBRF2 sponsored by TrickTape

·
Registered
231 Posts
As for the rubbing, rubbings racing man. He was just doing exactly what Nicky and everyone else would do as well, take the lead. He ran a great run against a great competetor.

Today...We ride!!!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I think he's an extremely talented rider, but he seems way to eager to bump people. Bumping is part of racing, but it sure seems when there is a bumping incident, chances are Kurtis Roberts is involved. Personally, I think he's too reckless, but that's just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya on the rubbing is racing thing but today there was no need at that point in the race. Daytona is 40ft wide.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
True he rides for Erion, but that is a full Factory effort from Honda motor corp. So I think Mr. Honda would have bitch slapped Roberts if he would have taken himself and Nick out./images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
256 Posts
that was pretty funny watchin' him smoke his tire through the infield, it's probably that kinda of stuff I'll remember about these races...

can you imagine Kurtis' bio, of anyone's I think it'll be a tale you couldn't have pictured, funny as sh$t!

Remember the time when I blew the freakin' tire....hahahahhah /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/wink.gif

I don't want to be his team mate, but I do want to ride his bike and write his bio...hahahahahha show me how ta waste the tire and piss off the pansies...hahhahahhaha

<font color=blue>SPEED</font color=blue><font color=red>MATTERS !</font color=red> /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
256 Posts
P.S. I think you coined it "MR. CONTACT" .... it'll do /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=blue>SPEED</font color=blue><font color=red>MATTERS !</font color=red> /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
331 Posts
I didn't think the contact was that significant. Nicky and Kurtis passed each other several times for the lead before Kurtis blew his rear, without incident. As far as I'm concerned it made the race that much more fun to watch.

just Ride!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Cuz it was boring as hell after that!/images/icons/smile.gif

I picked Kurtis from the start. He may be a bitch, but he's dam talented and makes for a great underdog.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nicky thought that the reason Kurtis wanted to be in front was because of his tire. Kurtis chewed his up and wanted to slow down the pace.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
His brother try his dad...........I liken Young nicky to him as they are both dirt track fanatics.
Craig

its all in the transitions

·
Registered
256 Posts
I didn't particularly like the way he won the 600 championship, and some of the stuff looks kinda bonehead, but one fact remains, in any racing series, especially world series, you will have to override the bike sometimes in order to place or win.

Look at Ben & NoriU, don't think Kurtis' main purpose is to screw with anybody, but I figure he is going to ride anything he's on as fast as he can, rider should push the crew, not the other way around. /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
431 Posts
Instead of spinning up his tire and showing Nicky how fast he is, he should have been sitting back and saving his tire. The race is 200 miles so long why push your tire? I am sure Honda who paid a shitload of money to get him out there would have prefered a 1-2 finish. Think of the press coverage that would have gotten. We could also talk about the 600 race where his team mates said he held them up resulting in Honda not winning the race. I think the kid is really fast but he needs to grow up.

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
I think the other guys aren't necessarily any faster at any one point it's that they are smarter and it pays off. Nicky ran a good smooth race and deserved the victory.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts