Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any of you LEO\'s do this?

This actually happened about a year and a half ago. I went out to the local bike night. Hung out til about 9:30pm and got home at about 9:40pm. I put the bike in the garage, hang up the coat and put the helmet in the closet. At 11:30pm, there is a knock at my door. I go downstairs after my wife woke me up to see to PO's stading at my front door. Officer asks me if I was on said interstate this evening at 9:46pm. I said no, it was not me. We informed me to tell whoever was riding my bike that he needs to slow down. I ask him to explain the situation. He informs me that he was getting on the e-way in his PERSONAL car and off duty at the time, but he estimated my friend was esceeding 130mph. I asked him how he could see a small motorcycle plate from across 4 lanes of e-way traffic and at a speed of approx 130mph? He did not have an answer. The 2 officers that sowed up at my house that eveing are the same pair that had pulled me over at least 6 times. The cops used to come past my house every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night. Ever since my wreck, they MAY come down once a month....

Would any of the LEO's here go to someones house like this? After you were off duty on the assumption that it was someone when in fact you had to proof to back it up?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Would any of you LEO\'s do this?

[ QUOTE ]
mach_man said:
This actually happened about a year and a half ago. I went out to the local bike night. Hung out til about 9:30pm and got home at about 9:40pm. I put the bike in the garage, hang up the coat and put the helmet in the closet. At 11:30pm, there is a knock at my door. I go downstairs after my wife woke me up to see to PO's stading at my front door. Officer asks me if I was on said interstate this evening at 9:46pm. I said no, it was not me. We informed me to tell whoever was riding my bike that he needs to slow down. I ask him to explain the situation. He informs me that he was getting on the e-way in his PERSONAL car and off duty at the time, but he estimated my friend was esceeding 130mph. I asked him how he could see a small motorcycle plate from across 4 lanes of e-way traffic and at a speed of approx 130mph? He did not have an answer. The 2 officers that sowed up at my house that eveing are the same pair that had pulled me over at least 6 times. The cops used to come past my house every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night. Ever since my wreck, they MAY come down once a month....

Would any of the LEO's here go to someones house like this? After you were off duty on the assumption that it was someone when in fact you had to proof to back it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some cops are like that. I use have a cop stop at the bar and do the same [censored]. Pull me over every [censored] night. Drove me batty!! :808919-icon_police:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

If I was you I would go to the department and ask to speak with the supervisor. Ask to see there operational orders. Here in Florida you should never go off duty for anything like that. Sure if you look into there op orders they broke some kind of rule. Frankly just invertigating there actions would probably scare them. Just filing a complaint should start a automatic internal investigation if anything would document there actions permenantly incase of future harassment.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts

I'd rather go to the moron's house that cut me off on the way to work... Hahaha... Never heard anything like that, then again we have well over 10 million people in these parts....

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts

I don't have any comment or even complaint. I just want to say thanks to all cops and ex-cops for dealing with the dregs of society on a daily basis, so I don't have to.

May your coffee always be from a fresh pot, and your doughnuts freshly glazed. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,629 Posts

There are just people in every occupation that just really need to get over themselves and get a freaken life....

I can't believe I've been retired a year already.... I've seemed to calm down a bit too... Guess it's a lot less aggravation....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts