Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get the Ducati Performance Windscreen or like a Double Bubble style?
I kinda want to get a Tinted Screen, do they have those for the Ducati Performance screens?
I was |.| thiiiiis close to ordering a Double Bubble from MOTOWHEELS.COM when I got my chip and interlock, but the angel popped on my shoulder and knocked some sense into me.
Must DO RESEARCH!!!!

Thanks guys.

:::...WORD...:::

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I got a FBF windscreen (clear) and love it. Not only does the high screen look like the shiznit, it actually works! Some people don't like the black vinyl edge, but I'm fine with it.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I prefer the black lip...it seems like the lighting from the cluster kinda runs up the screen ending at the edge. I wonder if I made one for the DB if I would get as much of a nasty glare on the visor during night riding. It's realy bad.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The OEM screen is just ridiculous. Unless your head is the size of an apple, the Zero Gravity Double Bubble isn't going to buy you much additional wind protection than the OEM screen. I tried it, didn't like it, so I returned it and got the ZG Daytona - soooo much better. You can ride out of the wind WITHOUT having to put your freakin' chin on your tank. Oh, and I saw it on Bayliss' bike last year, too. /images/icons/smile.gif Six in a row? It's gotta be the windscreen!

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
LOL! I got to get me one of those screens!!/images/icons/tongue.gif

Seriously, I've been thinking on buying a double-bubble, couldn't you all post pics so we can see the differences?

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I really like the look of some of the high screens. FBF offers one that I really like which is very similar to those on the factory bikes. My only gripe is that they look a bit silly with the mirrors on...like the mirrors kind of disrupt the lines. I agree, let's see some pics. I have pics of my screen from numerous angles that can be found in the link I posted above.

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Yep, I saw those, the bike looks great and you're right about the SBK type screen, it does look silly.
I'd like to know what type works best with certain uses and off course how all types look...

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Thanks. Desmo is right about getting under the screen though...you'd really have to lay down flush on top of the tank to really be out of the airflow. Being that I use a tankbag 100% of the time I can't get out of the wind too much. I guess the screen is now something just to make my Duc alittle bit different from the others around here.

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
That's right, the tank bag will be an issue as well. I'll post pics of the complete bagster setup when I got them but I do know that it'll be high, making 'tucking' in a real pain in which case a higher screen would definitely help.
Next question though would be color, go for tinted or clear?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Well, not to add fuel to the fire, but I think all bikes look dorky with street running gear, except cruisers and that's a totally different thread! /images/icons/wink.gif

If you check out my profile pictures, you can see the FBF screen installed from two different angles. I think it looks much better than the OEM screen, and I also prefer it to the ZG double bubble. Just my personal preference though.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Alright, I guess I was talking out of the wrong orifice again because that doesn't look bad. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Wingman, ZG's site changed a bit since I ordered mine, and it actually had the name Daytona listed as a Sport-Touring screen (I cringed at the label "touring", but on the Duc it's not bad.) Height-wise it actually looks very similar to the FBF on Erik's bike, but I think the Daytona has a slightly sharper apex, and it doesn't have the rubber trimming that his FBF has. Dorky or not, it beats getting blasted right in the neck on freeways. I'll take a few pics when I get home tonight. MonsterJ sells them at his site, but the site shows they're out of stock.
Here's his humongous link...
http://www.e-securedsite.com/motowheels/ITALIAN/mySearchResult.cfm?CFID=79823&CFTOKEN=11022053&parentcategoryid=&productID=591&showDetail=1&categoryID=17|Ducati 748-998 Misc.&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=windscreen&collection=

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Tell that to Nori Haga! LOL Did you see him smack that bird when he was up front? Holy crap! It took out half his windscreen! He deserved it. I wish it was one of those big-azz African pelicans that hit that punk. I hate the way he swerves around at starts and finishes trying to scare anyone near him, and then to pull up next to Bayliss and elbow him... WTF!?

"I believe you'd get your azz kicked for doing some sh!t like that around here" (from Office Space)...

I can't wait til Laguna so I can tell him to his face what an azzwipe he is. "Go ahead, elbow ME you little punk!" /images/icons/mad.gif

Ruben Xaus gets a warning for bumping into Chili, which was totally not his fault, yet flagrant crap that Nori does is completely dismissed. WTF is up with that?

There I go again going off-topic in an unrelated thread... I'll repost in the road racing forum.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Alright, I need a little more help here. Based on these pics, the ZG Dayton and the ZG Sport Touring windscreens look like two different models, which is fine by me. I thought the Daytona was a bit too tall, but the Sport Touring looks about right for my taste. Do they look different to anyone else? Next big question is, what color to get to match my Titanium-colored 748s?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts