Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why yamaha didn\'t sign haga???

whats the deal..after seeing rossi doing so good on the
4 stroke...why didnt yamaha offer haga a M1 ride..why???
haga's the fastest man on 4 strokes....this is depressing..
another year down the drain for yamaha...outshined by
fookin hondas again...thats what yamaha gets by goin cheap..

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Re: why yamaha didn\'t sign haga???

does anybody know if Haga wanted to stay in GP's?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

Yeah, Yamaha will be kicking themselves in the A$$ ! I think it would have to be a mutual deal for them to have let him go so easy. He doesn't back the "Prilia" in like use to do the R-7.[sad]

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

hey, give it time... i've gotta feelin' he'll be "backin' dat thang up"... :) any race now...!!! LOL

btw, i've observed that the Japanese factories seem rather impatient...? if success doesn't happen within the timetable they have set in their minds... (usually an "unrealistic" time table might i add) they seem to wanna "switch gears" and try something else...???

and sadly, that "shortsidedness" only leaves them having to start all over again from point ZERO... oddly, it's a characteristic that seems SOOO at odds with their otherwise industrious ways...???

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

it just doesn't seem right seeing Haga on anything besides the R7/images/icons/frown.gif I miss those good ole days/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
329 Posts

Haga didn't like the serious atmosphere of GP's. That's all there was to it really. He wanted to go back to WSC and a great team with a great bike was looking for a great rider. Yamaha's loss by pulling the R7 out of the champioship.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

nothing against mad max & checa, but haga would've
been the better choice...they even hired haga's old
team manager dave breevo (something like that)..
why not have a 3 bike team..or a satellite team..
cheap cheep cheeeep...

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

yeah, agreed... haga seemed like a "no-brainer". he even had GP experience with yamaha back when doohan was still riding...! i even believed that was the "script" with their pull-out and whole the WSBK drug test debacle and with the 4-stroke change looming in the background at that time. although i can see them giving first dibs to their GP regulars, a 3-man team was definitely warranted. or perhaps, keep checa on a YZR and give the M1's to biaggi and haga.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts