Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a zx-6r almost 700 miles on it still new, but have a problem when twisting the throttle too much the rear wheel is a bit slippery "it's like making a sudden jump", no dust at all on the road when it does that is that a problem of tyre pressure although i work by the book , or the tyre is cold it should be warmer in order not to be slippery , or is it throttle problem. An answer would be appreciated thanks to u all

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
some questions can be answered by yourself. In other words, does it do it only when the tire is cold? If so, it may be just that. Does it do it only on certain roads? Bikes will do that on smooth surfaces like concrete no matter how warm the tire is. Regardless, I wouldn't go slamming it into any turns until you figure it out. What kind of tires are you on?

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
883 Posts
In addition to the above comments, it is possible that if you are setting your tire pressure "by the book", your pressure is way too high. Not sure what your bike manual says, but many manuals give only a max tire pressure. For sport riding you need to use something much lower than max.

Example: My bike's manual say's "Front 36psi, rear 42psi." I actually use - front 34 psi, rear 36 psi. That's me, most people with my bike use lower pressures than that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, when tyres are cold sometimes it does and sometimes not but i guess it's pressure problem coz i have 36 in front and 41 in rear , but never stated anything about maximum , only stated in the guide "air pressure when cold"

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes, they never make that clear about Max tire pressure. If it didn't state anything aout max versus recommended, it's max.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You said you only had 700 miles on the bike. If your using all of your tire, I'm sure you've broken in your tire (remove the shiny factory sealer). If not, you might be slipping out a bit if you push it to hard on a corner. Make SURE your tires are roughed up before railin' any corners! Good luck /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Look at the numbers on the engine do they say "ZX9R"??/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey emad, my 6r did the same thing for 5000 mile, then I put on a new 207, with a universal fitment, and it has not done it since. it's actual the tire, slipping slightly on the rim, I marked the tire and the rim with a paint pen, and the marks grew slowly apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts