Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once showed one of the Captains that I fly with a pic of my Ninja, and he said "why is it painted like snot ?? Now, I've come a long way in all of my different anger management classes, AA, sex offender classes, DUI classes, drug abuse recovery clinics, etc, so I didn't punch him out (plus I wanted to keep my job). but it did get me thinking, what is the origin of this color, why did Kawi pick it ?? It is distinctive ... lots of recognition. I remember my brother's dirt bikes from the 70's were this color even back then. A dealer in the philly area here told me that they (kawi) make a big deal about keeping the color/mix/formula pretty secret. Sorry if this is an old thread, I'm new around here.

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
I don't know, but I can't stand it! LOL

Not Kawi's mind you, just that color...

Gravity is a cruel mistress.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
It's definitely a color of passion - you either LOVE it or HATE it. (Kinda like Black Licorice & Dr. Pepper)
Incidentally - I LOVE all three!!!
The Kawi Green has always been my favorite color./images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine too! My current one is black but the one before this was a '96 ZX-9R in that beautiful lime green/white/purple combination. My heart still races when I see pictures of it! It certainly turned A LOT of heads! The new green is quite a bit tamer and more metalic. It's nice but doesn't get me going like the older shade.

Reminds me of an old saying: "If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand!" /images/icons/smile.gif

- Not everybody has what it takes to be a <font color=green>Kaw</font color=green><font color=purple>Boy</font color=purple> -

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Because if a red bike flies by, you just know that it was a sportbike if you don't get a good look. No Idea on what brand. If a Lime Green bike flies by, then there is no question that it was a Ninja. Just an advertisement with colors. No words needed.

·
eratbiker
3,826 Posts
infact the original kawa green wasnt lime but as kawa said themselve poison green it was darker then the current green witch indeed isnt as good looking as the old poison colour they used and it is indeed color advertisement honda started with 3 colors orange gold/brown and red suzi started with blue/white kawa with the poison green and someone help me out for yam

<font color=purple>RILLA'S</font color=purple> RULE <font color=red>hi officer how did you see me trough that smoke</font color=red>

·
Registered
283 Posts
cause it makes the bike different and unmistakably Kawasaki

Things To See, People To DO....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The Kawi green is distinctive, and unique to them.
They get recognized instantly by that color.
I have always liked the kawi green, and think it
looks good on the bikes.
But, oddly, I have never owned a green Kawi.
Red/black, black, black/red, and now blue.

Is winter over yet?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I love it personally...Reminds me of spring.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
ya know they say geniuses choose green... :)

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
it's almost heritage man, i hope kawi never abandons the color....what's mx without the known colors riding around? confusing that's right haha, makes it easier to identify with a brand, plus it looks incredible. i reallly really like th elime green of hte ninja, only drawback is the attention it gets. My neighbors 9r is blue and I don't his old 11 was i believe black and blue. Guess he just doesn't buy into the fad...if i was as dedicated to kawi as him though i'd be a green man through and through

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
i think i'll take this thread to announce my return to the kawi fold. i'm about 90% sure it will happen, but it's not with a typical modern kawi as those who know me from my posts on here might think. it's a '86 gpz ninja 1000r like this one...

i usually don't go for "old"... but it's "old school" and i love it...!!! :) i didn't even know this bike existed...? F#!$CK those generic R1's and gsxr1000's...!!! it was only made 2 years from what i understand. it's a classic. i came across a guy who was thinking about trading it in, but it's in such rough shape that the dealership he went to offered him only 300 bucks trade-in value, but he just put 1100 in the motor. i offered to buy it off of him for a 1000.

as i said, it's in rough shape, but i want to restore it to it's original showroom beauty... except for a dented up tank, it's fairings and everything else were pretty much intact. it just needs paint and repowder coating of the black frame, wheels, yokes, and grab rail etc. etc, but i'm going to strip it down completely and refurbish EVERYTHING. i don't care what it costs...!!! LOL i even plan to contact muzzy's and try to get a one off dual, same side, megaphone exhaust made...!!! again, i don't care what it costs. :)

can u say... "PROJECT"...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts