Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why Honda Is the \"God\" of motorcycles

Honda RC211V Rips Through Suzuka Timing Trap at 211 Miles Per Hour!

By: Dennis Noyes

Suzuka, Japan, March 30

With one more day of IRTA tests yet to be held, Honda factory riders Valentino Rossi and Tohru Ukawa, both on the 990cc four stroke Repsol RC211V and Daijiro Katoh on the 500cc two stroke Fortuna NSR, confirmed the worst fears of their rivals by putting up the three quickest times and leaving the best of the rest, Carlos Checa on the 900+ cc YZR M1 Marlboro Yamaha, an embarrassing 1.7 back of Rossi and barely within a second of Ukawa, who was third.

With Rossi lapping in 2’05.086, Katoh in 2’05.457 and Ukawa as 2’05.762, the gap from third to Checa (2’06.718) in fourth was nearly a second. The best indication of the superiority of the three works Honda riders is seen in the fact that the next ten riders, starting with Checa and back to Alex Barros (14th) is just over a second.

Perhaps the most spectacular stat out of day one of the IRTA tests at Suzuka is the top speed of the RC211V5 Hondas. Ukawa’s machine was slightly quicker in a straight line than Rossi’s, roaring through the timing trap at just over 340 km/h, a smoking 211.3 miles per hour, or about 15 km/h (9.3 m/ph) faster than the best of the NSR 500s.

The three Honda works riders took part in private tests last week, with Katoh quickest and with both Katoh and Rossi lapping in the mid-2’04 range. Heavy rains the day before Saturday’s test washed away needed rubber leaving the chilly circuit low on grip, but expect the Honda trio to get back into the 2’04’s if conditions are favorable tomorrow.

All I have to say is Jeeeeeeeezus. All the other manufactures better bend over now in order to save embarrassment later!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Re: Why Honda Is the \"God\" of motorcycles

Yeah, riiiiiiggghhhtttt....

So I guess when it comes to the DRAG-STRIP (NHRA) that is an area that would be considered HELL, right?

As well as some other catergories that I won't mention ;o)

Good post though...

·
Registered
7,824 Posts

i wouldn't say one brand is the god of motorcycles...the motorcycle is the god of motorcycles in whatever form it comes in and what the rider feels...but still that's very impressive for sure.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

they are God because "God" has the most money $$$ to spend backed up by their long standing and profitable automobile division... :) technically though, the "cube" (rs3) recorded it first, not honda's V5.

<hr></blockquote>

Now if they just had some quality control....

----------------------------------------
2001 Black & Silver GSXR 1000

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

which brand chop...? it's not clear to whom you are referring...

·
Registered
329 Posts

And where do you think they got all that money? Oh yea, they build crappy bikes.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Sure Aprilia did it first at a DIFFERENT track. They were at Suzuka with the hondas and nothing is being said about them breaking speed records there so what happened. Give honda a little credit even if you dont like them. Even Yamaha, who is well respected cant keep up with the hondas that were released well after the yamys. Suzuki is taking it to yamaha now too and they are a full year ahead of schedule. The Aprilia will be a great bike, and im surprised to see that Honda doesn't have the most technically advanced bike but maybe they are ironing out the concept before they add pneumatic lifters and fly by the wire throttles which they could easily do because of their F1 technology. It blows me away how some ppl cant give something credit just because it isn't "Their" brand. We'll see what happens this weekend when its for real, but it looks like the "Old" NSRs could blow away the other fours.

·
Registered
144 Posts

and oh yeah the aprilia went 205 mph not 211 like the honda did. The only four to challenge honda this year will proly be the suzuki. Weird.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Well, look at it this way.....who has the best riders in the most "high profile" "world class"? Rossi alone will take honda to the top this year. Honda has the bankbook, and technology to propel them to # 1. Oh, and BTW don't whine that I posted "honda is god". After all, this is the HONDA forum. So If you dont like it post else where. :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

And you guys wonder why people come over here and flame you/images/icons/smile.gif!

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts

It's not the arrow, it's the indian.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

Now if they just had some quality control....

<hr></blockquote>

Everybody makes a lemon dude! Ask IanR1 about his R1..

<font color=red>RAMAIR & SERPENT EQUIP!!!</font color=red>/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

And you guys wonder why people come over here and flame you!

<hr></blockquote>

This is the <font color=red>HONDA</font color=red> forum/temple! Might I remind you!

<font color=red>RAMAIR & SERPENT EQUIP!!!</font color=red>/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
961 Posts

This makes me wana say "shut the hell up & stay in your own forum" J/K. he he ..... FREAKS!!!!

I eat a scooby snack & take a disco nap. I'm shoppin at sears cuase I don't buy at the gap.

·
Registered
144 Posts

why does everyone have an excuse for why honda builds great bikes. If it isn't cuz they spend all their money on top riders, its that they put too much money into development. Keep in mind that there are more than just rossi blowing away everyone else at the IRTA tests. All I ask is that ppl give the bike some freaking credit. It has taking them less time than some to get so far ahead. And as far as technology, it is the aprilia that is BY FAR the most technologically advanced. I would like to give suzuki credit for how fast their program is coming but if this is a stand by your own bike and make excuses for everyone else then i guess i wont. Grow up ppl.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

Some credit... Yes.

The God of motorcycles?... Far from it.

Unless you are willing to ignore other races/classes in motorcycle racing and close your eyes and tap your RED shoes and say:

"There is no bike like Honda, There is no bike like Honda..."

Ok Dorothies, Honda is the God of motorcycles... b... b... Bahahahaa....

P.S. does it look like they have the potential of wining the 2002 GP category? yes. Will it happen? Who knows and that's why we'll be glued to our TV sets.

P.P.S. funny how know one commented on my first post :D

·
Registered
3,700 Posts

Everybody makes a lemon dude! Ask IanR1 about his R1..

<hr></blockquote>

Huh? Lemon? I don't have a lemon... I had an issue but far from saying the bike was/is a lemon.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

Huh? Lemon? I don't have a lemon

<hr></blockquote>

Poor choice in word! Lets just say some bikes leaves the plant less than a 100%.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts