Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the letters of "SUZUKI" on my gas tank are what appear to be rust spots. The letters are white on navy blue. The majority of my tank is white and these spots only appear on the letters and on the front fairing (over the headlight)which is also white. Have any of you experienced this? What is it?

I figured that since the white/blue bikes are faster, perhaps there is some sort of chemical reaction from the atmosphere rushing by at the higher speeds that our bikes attain.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
WTF MY 93GSXR has the same problem. A very well informed freind told me that during production the paint was somehow contaminated under the clearcoat of the stickers. I still hold tomy theory that those brown specks in the paint are sh!!t particles from all the Honda riders I blew past on the inside of, cranked over knee on the deck at 120,just coming out of my famous two wheel slide, still on the gas. But thats only my personal opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure if your storing the bike or not but over some time while the bike is not in use and you have fuel in the gas tank, there will be condensation within the gas tank that can leave a line on it from the fuel (something to do with the heat and methanol in the fuel, I don't know the technical of it) So it will appear as rust but it's just staining, as for your fairing, you're on your own.

See you, in my side view!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I got the same spots on my 2001 GSXR 1000. I believe that is just fluke, something that happened during the painting process. They are very small and could hardly be seen unless you are a detailed person like me.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
i'd say the contaminated paint theory is more likely...since a gix 750 can't hang with even the 400 cbrs...:) hehe, don't take it personal, i envy you guys, i want a gix 750 when i get enough money.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
BitchinR6, sorry, did you say something? I was too busy looking at your signature./images/icons/laugh.gif

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts