Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who\'s Behind the License

Does anyone know how you'd go about finding out who owns a vehicle from their license plate? There has been an old Triumph motorcycle sitting in a parking garage for the better park of the year now and I'm wondering if the person forgot it. Anyhow, the license is from New York and 2 years old. I'm hoping they forgot and want to donate it to me. :grin: Any help would be great, thnx.

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Re: Who\'s Behind the License

You would contact the motor vehicle department of the state that issued the plate, however many states now have privacy laws that severly limit how much info can be released.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I've got an uncle who used to be a sherriff, doubt that will work but will look for a connection somewhere. I'll look into the motor vehicle department. Thnx :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

some of these background check web sites may have a licence plate search. But, you may have to pay.

So its been just sitting there for a year? Thats odd. Perhaps something happened to the person. Strange to think they could just forget about it.

If you call the DMV or something like that, its possible someone will come tow it away. Which would suck for you. Anyways, good luck, lol. Would be cool if you can get it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'm going to go try and take pictures of it tonight. I'll post em and see what you guys think. It looks like a fun little bike; maybe something I could get for my mom to putt around on. :smile:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Oh man, I wish I was made of money. I would look up so much stuff on this site. Thanks for the help, now I've just got to look for license plates. :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts

doesn't anyone else find it disturbing that you can buy a background check on anyone? :crazy:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

Cool site , i looked up my wife , couldnt find her under my lat name just the old one , also helps she is the one and only listed

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Here is the picture of it. It's a T120R. Don't know what year though.

Sorry, it's too big to post. I'll keep trying something.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well I'm trying to work my photo editing skills for the bike but alas, I have none. If anybody wants to do it for me I'd love to send them. But here is an example of my skills and a real photo of the bike.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts

Call the police. There's a better chance of it having been stolen and abandoned than forgotten.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts