Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm pretty sure that they make frame sliders that do not require cutting of the plastic. i don't want to cut anything. if you have them, where did you get them and how do you like them? also, if you have pics i'd love to see them. thanks............rich oh yeah, its a 2001

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I just installed the Intuitive Racing sliders on my '02 6R. I'm pretty sure our bikes are virtually identical.

They just replace the fairing bolts, piece of cake. I've heard that they're not as sturdy as some of the engine mounted sliders, but I suspect <cough_knowforfact_ cough> they work pretty well.

I'd say that I'll take some pictures, but instead I'll be honest and say I'm too lazy.

check out http://www.inturace.com/prdifs1.htm

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I have the same intuitive frame sliders. I went down and the bolt snaped and the slider ripped out breaking a nice big hole in the plastic, but the frame was fine. I was a little pissed at the big hole it left, but it was all good in the end.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys. i was thinking of the new carbon works sliders by LP but i think i'm, gonna stick with the ones mentioned here.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I chose aluminum because it doesn't spark. I was thinking steel might not work. Hmmm........sparks + a possible gas leak? = a toasty rider and bike.. ouch! /images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts