Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to dyno my R1 to find which main jet works better the stock 130's or the 132.5 that came with the Ivans kit.I have the full Akra exhaust.What are some real #'s ya made and what size main jets where ya running.Ivan said because of my area(below sea level and humid)it would be a toss up between stock and the ones he sent.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I ran mine for a year with his mains, same setup as you, I don't know my altitude... I dynoed at 136rwhp on one dyno and 134rwhp on the one I got it tuned on.

After they switched me back to the original jets and tweaked the needle clips and what not I got 144rwhp out of it, and a greatly improved curve.

I would suggest a tuning session, rather than just throw them in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i installed the clips 3 down and fuel screws 3.5 out and the 132.5 mains it seemed to pull great but it is warming up here so i thought i would try the stock mains.i cant believe 1 jet size made that much difference there must be more to it than that please tell.what setup are ya using now

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
All I can tell you about the setup is that he went back to the stock 130 mains, went from the #3 clip to the #4 needle clip, tighten the spray bars and adjusted the float bowls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts