Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: who has a

Hmmm,

let's see if I can answer your questions. (As best as I can understand them).

1) I have an 600R.

2) I like it very much.

One of the main reasons I purchased it was COMFORT. (It does not have all the super-aggressive angles of the "racers"). Hence, I can cruise around forever on it without getting arm, wtrist, or lower back pains. (Which I haven't, by the away).

The power is very solid, especially after I've removed all the CA emmissions stuff...installed a carbon-fibre Scorpion slip-on...and jetted it. (It has a buncha extra "horsies" now).

Oh yea...it's also SOLID BLACK!!

3) And as for the last question, I don't know if you're asking if I want to BUY an R-6...or if I would WANT an R-6.

But if it's the latter, "NO"...I do not want an R-6. (If I did, I would have purchased one).

It's not that I'm talking "bad" about my R-6 brothers...but the COMFORT-LEVEL was very important to me.

I tried a "buds" R-6, and ended-up FLOPPING FOWARD to grasp the clip-on's. (Which is a great position to be in if you wanna drive at warp-12. But it can be VERY PAINFUL if going on long rides...or cruising around town for extended periods of time).

Like I said before, the COMFORT-LEVEL was the predominant factor to me. (But the color, power, and looks were also important).

Click on my attachment to see my toy.

In Christ: Raymond

·
Registered
5,011 Posts

Nothing shines like black, VERY clean bike. I always liked the way the YZF600R's looked. And the R6.

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
827 Posts

i ride a 600r. mine's blue with a stainless D&D exhaust. the frame was polished by the previous owner, but that's a BAD THING since it's steel (looks killer when it's polished out, but it's tough to keep it that way). so, what i'd like to do with it next winter is to strip the bike down and paint the frame and swingarm black, and repaint all the plastics solid black. no decals, no nothin'-just a "stealth 600r". maybe put a cowl over the back seat...

·
Registered
208 Posts

Something that I found very interesting a while back is that for town riding the 600R whoops the R-6 as*. I have a friend that has a 600R and I have a 01' R-6. From light to light he kills me. I never understood it until we went and dynoed our bikes. He has as much as a twelve hp advantage over me at the middle of the rev range. It's not until about 10 grand that I out-power him. And face it, how often do we use that much R's on the street. (Really honey I never wind it past 6 grand)

<font color=blue>You're faster than this. Don't think you are, <font color=red> know you are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts