Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing GSXR750. I've owned a 9r and an F4i (just sold). I would like to step up to the plate and get a GSXR750. Which was the last year where SUZUKI made major changes to the 750?

As far as "bang for the buck" goes, which of the most recent years is the best?

Thanks in advance.

Mark in VA

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
That would be the '00 and up. '96 was the huge change, '98 was minor changes and FI, then '00 was the bodystyle change and a bit more power and handling.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you have the money, get an 02. However, 96 and up are all great machines. I know because I have ridden them all. I mentioned the 02 because I would rather buy a new bike if possible.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
98 got fi, 00 , and 02 also has 2 headlights(low beam) . stainless pipe to muffler. change in throttle valve motor. and computer change(? i am not sure about this one). its on the suzuki site.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Don't forget the HUGE weight loss it received in 00-02 and was also completely redesigned. OH, and more power.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
555 Posts
i thought they got kind of ugly in the rear end, around maybe '98 ? they had that cover over the passenger seat that stuck up and looked weird. but that's just my opinion

since the newer ones ('00 and up) are so much better maybe you can find a slightly used one that someone really needs to move for not too much more than one of the late 90's models. good luck

"They mostly come out at night, mostly" -Aliens-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts