Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I bought a 02 R1, I like to get a standard mount slip on pipe, nice sound but not too loud. Yoshi? Hindle? Leo? My dealer's trying to sell me the Mig but it looks too small for my taste. any suggestion?

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you have the coin for it i think the Akrapovic is the pipe to have, has the raciest looks and sounds real mellow was very impressed with my full system also at that price there not a dime a dozen at the local hangouts like some other mfgs.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Call Mike at McCoy Motorsports http://www.tobefast.com my families race shop, tell him Spiderman sent you. they have been hooking up forum members the last couple weeks with some hot deals. Also stock Akrapovic and Yosh but I am with kevap the microns are the hottest in my book.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I agree with r1otis because a lot of people have Akra, Micron, Yosh, etc and Graves is something different while it's still pretty good

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Leo Vinvi's have a very nice sound IMO but personally I prefer to be different which is why I got my Indigo shotgun system because it is different, I honestly have yet to see another bike with it, and I really like the sound. Don't get me wrong Akra'a, Leo's, Yosh's, and Micron's are all very good pipes I just prefer to have something different

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't buy MiG. I was talking to a guy at a dealer here when I bought my pipe and he said MiG is JUNK! He said he's seen them use epoxy to fill imperfections in the baffle (inside). I bought a Two Bros for mine. I really like it. GREAT quality and sounds real good. Not too loud but when you get on it you know an R1 is coming. They pretty much all make nice pipes. As long as you stay away from D&D, Mig and V&H you'll be fine. For the money I think Micron, Yoshi and Two Bros make the BEST exhaust. If you really want a full race system Akra is pretty much the best but for a slip-on I would go with Micron, Yoshi or Two Bros. Akra won't do any more for you than these when you're talking slip-on. Akra will put a much bigger dent in your wallet though!

If you want to know how good the tail section of an R1 looks...Just ask a Honda rider!/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys, it helps me alot. I checked Yoshi's site and their slip on for 02 is not out yet. I guess i'll go with micron.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts