Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will some people please give me there perspective pro's and con's on a 2001 GSXR600, and 2001 Yamaha YZF R6

I can't decide which bike I want, and I would like to here peoples comments. Plan to buy this weekend.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I find the R6 more comfortable for real-world riding, but harder to turn unless you're in the "tuck" because the handlebars are so close to the seat/pegs.

If you're going to spend a lot of time on the track, the more stretched out position of the gixxer may be easier to turn.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This topic could go on forever/images/icons/wink.gif

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Hmm yes, this post again. I've already put in my two pennies in the yammie forum.

·
Registered
822 Posts
My vote is for the GSXR600. I have had my 02' for 6-months now and love it. I swtiched from Yamaha to Suzuki and could not be happier!!!

John

·
Registered
479 Posts
R6. it wheelies better, and doesn't Imitate the R1!!!

<font color=blue>2001 R6<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>The Blue one Is Faster<font color=blue>/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
R6 doesn't immitate the R1...ummmmmmmm, REALLY!!! Try telling that to all the people that don't know sportbikes cuz they can't tell the difference between the two. Hell unless they're close to me, I can't tell the difference either.

And don't pick a bike cuz it might wheelie better and besides, I could pull a wheelie just as easy on either one of those bikes.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts