Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just changed 2 sets of tires (zx9R & zx12r). The zx9r is still being worked on so I don't know how the balance is yet. As for the ZX12R i seem to have a balance problem. The front was changed a week before the rear and everything was fine until i did the rear so I must have messed up the rear. Now before i go crazy taking the tire off and triing it again I want a better way of doing this. I have seen some bubble balancers available between $99 & $250. I don't mind spending $100~$150 but no more. Can anyone recommend something or a better method than the spin method?

Riding always makes me -->/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm too lazy to mount my own tires, and there's a shop two blocks (maybe three) from my house that will mount and balance for $10/wheel... I have *yet* to find a better method.

...however...

The spin method works best on wheel bearings that are in very good condition... if yours are just a little "tight" then that might make it more difficult to spin-balance the wheel properly... have you thought about replacing the wheel bearings?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought a balancer from aerostitch.com, It uses the spin method and I had no problems with it. The shaft that is supplied with it rides on a set of low friction bearings so itll spin very freely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts