Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the quarter mile time for a stock R6? Will full exhaust make big difference? Last , how much of a difference will a sprocket make(time wise)?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think it's somewhere around a 10.8 to 10.9. Full exhaust, jetting and a -1 tooth up front should put it around a 10.5 at around 130mph. I had a '99 Ninja ZX6R before I got the R1. With a full Muzzy, jets and -1 up front it would do a 10.8 but the R6 I think is a little faster out of the hole.

If you want to know how good the tail section of an R1 looks...Just ask a Honda rider!/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
262 Posts
How true! You have to keep in mind that the times you or I see from basically pro riders that can do virtually perfect holeshots. When I was down the track last, there was an R6 there and the best he ran was an 11.40. I don't know what, if anything, was done to it but most riders on 600's, who are actually pretty good riders, do around mid 11's. I've seen some pretty bad ones running in the high 12's and low 13's, which is pathetic. But, I guess Harley guys need someone to race too./images/icons/laugh.gif

If you want to know how good the tail section of an R1 looks...Just ask a Honda rider!/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was at the track weds night, and there were 2 R6's running low 11's. Many things are factors,they were both light guys. I was running 10.30's on my R1 at 240 pounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts