Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what\'s that they say about \"once you go black...?\"

i believe it's... "you'll never go back"...!?!? :laugh:

behold ladies and gentleman (*insert drumroll here*)... yet another S1 exclusive in a long line of S1 exclusives... i present to you... the birth of not just an '05 black "trip-9"... ??? but a "white tail", S-model, '05 black "trip-9" from crate to sales-floor readiness...!!! :applause:

people you've read the manufacturers release and seen the press photos of a base model clad in black... (*in my best morpheous voice*)... "unfortunately, no one can be told or imagine what a black S-model will look like... you have to see it for yourself"...? :shocked: :Wow1: :shocked: :Wow1:

before

notice the included termi slip-on in the tan box at the front of the crate. :grin:

after

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: what\'s that they say about \"once you go black...?\"

notice the time lapse between before and after. i took my time uncrating and building for i dared not scratch it. with the black background, the slightest scratch would stick out like a beacon. :crazy:

before

after

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

saying the cliche of "pics don't do it justice"...? itself... doesn't do it justice. :lol: you have absolutely got to see one in the flesh to appreciate the gloss and shine. i've gotta admit... it's just paint... but the minimizing and hiding effect it has upon some of terblanche's questionable design elements is WICKED BAD...!!! /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif going mono-chromatic adds the sorely needed "uniformity" to an otherwise disjointed design. very "stealth bomber-ish" now. looks like it could thwart an Aegis missle cruiser. :lol: seating/riding position still blows ungodly compared to the old bike. :frown: hey, i must be channeling frankie...? :cwm27:

before

after

·
Registered
499 Posts

That swingarm does wonders for the 999's appearance.

The 999 has always look good from the side IMO - the front is highly questionable.

I swung a leg over an 05' black 749 at the recent CDN Int'l bike show. Yeah, it looked kick ass in black.

Awsome pics S1 -- Who's bike is that anyways?

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Awsome pics S1 -- Who's bike is that anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]
nobody's yet. although it COULD be yours...? :grin: it just showed up today outta the blue...? had no idea it was coming other than we were alloted some. with ducati, you know that you're getting them... ya just don't know what particular model it will be literally until the truck is at the dock and you're off-loading the crate...? :crazy: monster 620 dark arrived yesterday.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

[chris tucker]an' I said.... gaaaaaaaaaad-daaaaaaaaaaamn...[/chris tucker] Any "Friday" fans in the house?

I could do a four-valver like that..... :Wow1:

·
Registered
296 Posts

That does look awesome! :waytogo: I never really liked the 916 series in black but the 999 looks awesome in that color! Of course it would look even better w/ a cyclecat vented clutch cover and c/f exhaust gaurd! Maybe clear turn signals too.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: what\'s that they say about \"once you go black.

[ QUOTE ]
though I personaly prefer flat black ducs

[/ QUOTE ]
consider those days officially OVER my friend... :laugh:

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts

shamar1~ It appears that "black" is the color for '05. Not only Ducati but also Yamaha (and I believe Honda) have "all black" models. I have to admit, everything blacked out does look tough. Although, I'd hate to clean it. :crazy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts