Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 is here and its never too early to start thinking about track days.
The big question is, which org to join? :808993-banghead:
NESBA looks like its got the best schedule hands down, but there is only one Barber date and thats early.
STT doesn't have much to offer except for that October Barber date
TPM is a pretty good compromise, but they've only got a couple early Barber dates.

Obviously, heading down to Barber is exceedingly important to me.
I'd prefer going in the fall soas to beat the heat as much as possible.

So, waddaya think?
If we can try to pick a Beaver, VIR, and Barber weekend that a bunch of us want to go to, that'll help us all plot and scheme our way thru winter.

As it is, with a baby on the way, I figure I've got a trip to Barber (later in the year) and maybe a weekend to VIR (thats a weak maybe).
The rest of my dates will be a couple mondays at Summit and maybe a weekend, or a couple single days at Beaver.

What about you? :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat with the kid thing. Mine are 5 and 6 and doing more things (soccer, etc.) One event per month would be my upper limit. I would love to do Barber with the crew; in fact, I'd like to do ALL my dates with the crew. However, if a Summit date opens and I can make it...

I'll definitely join NESBA, and probably STT if there's a date that fits my schedule. TPM is doubtful.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think I'm just gonna join NESBA and pickup TPM dates when they fit in. I'll be lucky to average 1 track day a month this year. I only did 6 days last year... :bawling:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
So who's doing Barber in March with NESBA?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'm probably doing Nesba and STT. Nesba has more dates that I like than TPM does.

Two consolidated schedules that I posted up.
http://www.rideclub.us/sched.html
http://www.rideclub.us/trackdays/

I'm finally having that surgery that I mentioned months back (first doctor retired suddenly, second doctor pawned me off on another, so now I'm on my third doc). I'm going in on Feb.4th and have been told that I probably won't be up for riding until the first of April. I've got my hopes up that the doc was siding on the cautious side and I might see a March track date.

Here's what dates I'm thinking of hitting for the first half of the season. I'm not planning on all of them, just deciding still depending on who else goes and budget constraints.

April 2-3 at VIR Patriot with TPM
April 23-24 at Jefferson with Nesba

May 7-8 at Beaverun with Nesba (maybe)
May 14-15 at VIR South with Nesba
May 28-30 at Beaverun with STT (3-day weekend, I'd be great if we can all make this!)

June 10 at Summit Main with Nesba (Adv group only, could be neat)
There's two JC dates between Nesba on Main on Friday and STT on Main on Monday. I'm going to try to resist a four day track-a-thon.
June 13 at Summit Main with STT (gotta support STT's foot in the door at Summit!)

STT at Barber in late October looks good.
STT at Jennings in November is practically a requirement for me (if I have vacation left)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Interesting to note that our traditional July 4th weekend at VIR South is gone. That June 10th Advanced-only sounds like a lot of track time. (It should be for $260)

I also like three days at the Beaver. :eek:oo:

I'll try for STT's October Barber date, too.

Good luck with the personal stuff, Mary. Speedy recovery.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
$260!!! I didn't look at prices. Holy moly! I'm not so hype to try that date now.

I'm thinking of doing Cornerspeed in the spring/early summer. A few girl friends are talking about doing it so I might hop on the band wagon and join them. That'll be my expensive track time for the season.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Damn, it's been a while. I'm glad to hear that everyones doing well in the New Year. Sorry I haven't gotten back to some, I'm coming off of some renovations, an illness, and some long hours.

As far as track days go this year, I'm just going to pick and choose according to my schdeule and those the group chooses. I'm not even sure the amount of races I'll actually get to run this year, but I know I'll make a bunch. I'll take a look at a couple Orgs and start throwing something together once people start firming up dates. Looking forward to getting on track with everyone though.

Oh, isn't this someone you know Mary?
http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=7033

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mack - you coming down for the WERA weekend in March at VIR?

$260 for one day (5/3 of the price = 3/5 the number of riders? That's still ~60-75 riders) is attractive at any track... other than Main, although I'm gonna probably be racing on it, so I may do this day.

I'm gonna see how much the WERA weekend ends up costing before making a decision about Barber, the mind says yes, but the wallet...

Alex

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Bummer. Good thing it doesn't have fairings. Are you going to join my "I hate Northeastern winters" club? :smile:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Well, here's my tentative schedule (pending approval by the boss)

Mon April 25 Summit Main NESBA
Sat Sun Mon June 28-30 BeaveRun STT (Monday is a LED; I and A only, 30 min sessions)
Fri June 10 Summit Main NESBA (Advanced only)
Sat Sun July 2-3 VIR South? STT
Mon Aug 22 VIR Full STT (Maybe)
Mon Sep 5 Summit Shenandoah NESBA (Maybe. Depends on how safe it is.)
Sat Sun Oct 29-30 Barber STT

I haven't actually registered for any of these yet. Notice there are no TPM dates; STT and NESBA have me covered.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Yep you're right. I meant May. I can't edit my post to correct that.

Now to fit the race plastics. (The upper fits, but not the lower (pipe clearance) or tail section (How do I get to the bolts?)

I'll have it sorted out by April.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts