Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about goin to Sears point and get some numbers for my 1997 Daytona T595. Just curious to find out where others launch at.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Mine is usually about 5000RPM until the light changes, then I nail it at the same time I'm letting out the clutch. By the way, Laurent, the first Wednesday night drags this season at Sears Point are on April 3rd. I plan to be there.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to go, but seriously doubt I will have my license by then. But maybe I'll put the bike on the back of the truck and go anyway. If not I'll just go up there and watch. But I'll be there.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
for my last 3 bikes,...6R, 9R, 12R....I think it goes like this.....

600cc - @8000

900cc - @6000

1200cc - @5000-6000 I think...

BA
"<font color=blue>How about never, is never good for you??</font color=blue>"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just went to the track last night with my R1.. Ran low 10.30's and was launching about 8000 i have a full Barnett set up, and I slide the clutch a long ways.. I had 1.70's for my 60 foots

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I just watched some video, and, for me, I slip the clutch between 60'-100' out..... It "feels" like a long way out there. The longer you do it, generally the better chance you have of counter-acting the power wheelie.

Good run Azsportbiker......

BA
"<font color=blue>How about never, is never good for you??</font color=blue>"

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have yet to master launching my 929, It either bogs or I slip the clutch to much. I'm not a good straight line bike guy. I would like to put some numbers up at LACR though.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
shotimer likes to launch at 13,000.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I really suck at launching my 929 too. I think my biggest problem is not being able to keep the front wheel on the ground. So far, I've only been able to manage 60' times in the low 1.90's and ET's in the 11.0's.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
WE-LEE-BARS, are oh so much fun!!!! Drop the clutch at 10k on the 929 and 8 on the TLR! It feels like somebody has just hit you with a train, can only imagine what a 5sec car would be like

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Do you have a picture of your wheelie bars? I was thinking about making some. Where do they bolt on? Did you replace your shock with a solid strut?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Every bike rider would not have the same launch technique...

Practice makes perfect ! Go to the track this week end...

The National Motorcycle Racing Association in holding the

www.WebCamshafts.com NMRA World Finals at www.LACR.net

Every one is invited to come out & race in Sunny California !

For more info go to www.dragbike.com & click NMRA...

Red, *<:){)-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts