Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Re: What not to do if you\'re ever on TV

Wow. That was out of no-where.

Although I did something similar today. I've got a bit of a cold, and so I've been coughing a lot. On one of the coughs a lil' something extra came out and landed on the carpet.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts

Oh my. Poor guy.

G

·

That was f-in nasty. I kept waiting for a fart. :frown:

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

oh heck. its an MOV file. I don't have quicktime on my puter. I haven't needed it in years and don't miss it. installing QT installs iTunes too, which then puts a couple of big exe files in memory even when I am not using the software and I am sick of unneeded software loading up and using system resources when its not needed.

too bad real player and WMP won't play MOV files. but two media players are quite enough for one machine.

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Haru said:
oh heck. its an MOV file. I don't have quicktime on my puter. I haven't needed it in years and don't miss it. installing QT installs iTunes too, which then puts a couple of big exe files in memory even when I am not using the software and I am sick of unneeded software loading up and using system resources when its not needed.

too bad real player and WMP won't play MOV files. but two media players are quite enough for one machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you complain some more?
At least it's not RealMedia crap.

I use QuickTime more than WMP.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
installing QT installs iTunes too, which then puts a couple of big exe files in memory even when I am not using the software and I am sick of unneeded software loading up and using system resources when its not needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah...you gave up too easily. :grin: If you grab the Quicktime Standalone Installer you get just the player minus iTunes. :waytogo:

Quicktime Standalone Installer v6.5.2

After the install go into QT preferences and remove the icon from the systray. You can also safely delete the single QT reference from the registry at...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

<font color="red">Disclaimer: anything else you do while in the registry is your own fault. :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
SpikedLemon said:

Can you complain some more?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh sure. give me something to compain about and I'll oblige. and for you, a flat CDN$0.99 flat rate. I take payment in food stamps.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Haru, you can install Quicktime Alternative and play MOV files in Media Player Classic. Just google it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

:blush:

Oh man, I feel for him. The anchorwoman didn't handle it so well either.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts

That was gross.. you could tell he was having trouble the whole time..

Did anyone notice that the song that was being played in the background was music from the game F-zero?

·
Registered
9,753 Posts

One time years ago, when I used to race mountain bikes...

After 25 miles of racing through the woods we came out of the woods into a field towards the finish line with hundreds of spectators on each side.

I was in fourth place and the guy in third was about 50 yards ahead of me and we had about 100yards to the line. So I put my head down and dug deep and kicked with EVERYTHING I had. The crowd went wild as they knew it was almost impossible. The dude in front of me was coasting until the crowd starting chanting, then he turned around and saw me coming. Naturally he starts kicking.

But it was too late and I took him by INCHES at the line. Everyone cheered as I stopped and jumped off the bike....

...and then I STARTED HEAVING HUGE GOBS OF VOMIT ALL OVER THE PLACE!

"Go-go-go...YEAH!!!!......EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

Needless to say no one came up to shake my hand.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts

...well...
You sure did put everything into it. :crazy:
And you got a little extra for your efforts to boot! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.