Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned 40 over a year ago. People say life goes down hill and gets boring. Well I beg to differ.

I have made 3 trips to Iraq in the last 13 months. I have been in England, Ireland, Cyprus, Jordan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey and Germany.

For me its almost as if a second life has begun. Life is only on the down slide when you let it go that way. I am having more fun, life is more meaningful now than it ever has been. I guess I am making the days count now.

For those of you out there wondering. Life does get better if its bad for you right now. I won't go into it. But Byron had been thru some hell. Some of it I brought on myself. Some of it I did not deserve at all. It all depended on how I handled it.

I do wish all of my friends here a safe and happy year ahead of them. My next 30 days will be very interesting. We will be moving into the Iraqi election. :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
well, in '05 i'll see 42 and yes, it is getting better. 'jus wish my body would keep up with my mind. :wink:

be safe brother, happy new year. :waytogo:

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
My year was actually a big downer for me due to health issues, nothing serious mind you ~ just a big fat pain in my a$$. Thankfully, things have been improving as of late and I'm doing much better so I've got nothing to complain about.
I'm helping my parents care for my 87 year old grandfather, this is probably the sadest thing I've had to do yet in my life. His body is fairly sound, but his mind hasn't been sound for longer than I've been alive. He is the last of my grandparents having lived the longest of any of them, but I don't know him as well as I know some of the members on here.
This is kind of corny, but be sure to let the people you love know it as often as possible while you can. You never know what might happen to take you away from each other. Ahh well, enough of the melancholy. I only hope that 2005 brings much happiness and joy to all of us.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Let's see, the old me would have said:

- The warden put out like 3 times last year, and I still managed to impregnate her.

- After another layoff, my salary increased $5K, and I'm now back to making what I made in 1994!

However, the new me says:

- I've got a beautiful new daughter. She's happy, healthy and a true blessing!

- I now work with people I respect, and I've impressed them with a willingness to go above and beyond. Something that is sure to pay off in the long run.

It's all about the lemonade... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Let me see where do I begin?

Come January '04 I was still at Ft Benning, GA for my train up to deploy to Kosovo. I went to Germany for a month and had a great time.

February I was actually in Kosovo, pretty sh!!tty little place.

March the girl I was living with before I deployed decided to break up with me, while I was still overseas. Later I found out that she was cheating on me with one of my co-workers. The little slut bag. :bird: :flame:

I got back in the states in August and back home to Minneapolis in September.

Back to work since then and that's about it.

My life ROCKS!!!!!! :rolling:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Putza - Same to you my brother......

Slorch ~ All kidding aside I would really give anything to have a daugther of my own. I am sure you cherish that little girl..... :waytogo:

Mello ~ The single most hardest thing I have ever done was care for my father during his terminal illness. I washed him, put lotion on him, cleanned him after he soiled himself, did a whole lot of other things. I sat at the foot of his bed the last night of his life. Wrapped him in a sheet as they took him away. One thing I can and always will say is I was there till the end. It was an honor for me.

Cre ~ Women will come and go in our lives. I am now to the point of being fiercely independent.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
Byron,

Been trying to PM you for your addy and a "wish list". When am I going to get them?

[/ QUOTE ]Chris I am just waiting on my Project Manager for you. He is in Kuwait at the moment. I know you know what I am talking about. I just need good bike mags. My PM will be back in Iraq in 5 days and I will be talking to him...... :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
Byron,

Been trying to PM you for your addy and a "wish list". When am I going to get them?

[/ QUOTE ]Chris I am just waiting on my Project Manager for you. He is in Kuwait at the moment. I know you know what I am talking about. I just need good bike mags. My PM will be back in Iraq in 5 days and I will be talking to him...... :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

PM-Private Message. I told you I would send you a care package, I just need your addy and your list.

Great to hear about that other thing though, Thanks.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Hmm my last year has been like that movie The Good The Bad and The Ugly, why do you say?

Well New Years Eve I was completely alone, I went to bed early I could hear a gunshot off in the distance near my house was the only reason I knew it was midnight. Mid year I went to England and Scotland for 10 days to visit my friends *highlight of my year* A month after my return my son broke his femur at school and required so far two surgeries to correct it :bawling: and this coming Jan has to start PT :bawling: :808876-nono: :kaboom:

In September my *EX* showed up on my door step and beat the hell out of me for the last time and I *finally* got up the courage to file a restraining order against him. The last guy who asked me out only wanted sex from me, he didn't get it so I haven't heard from him since. Some of my friends wanted to hook me up with a nice guy and relative of theirs he ended up liking my bestfriend better they have plans tonight so I'm out for hanging out with her this year. I give up on men /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And tonight, New Years Eve I get to go to bed early and alone again.

yeah, my year sucked :Lemonade anyone?:

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Wow sorry guys, I sounded tragically pathetic in my post I'm not really that much of a kill joy, just had a lousy year looking forward to a better one this year. :waytogo: :808922-fiddy:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Me?

I'd say I had a moderately good year, looks like today I am finally going to get my salary review that is 13 months overdue. My kids (who both live with their mother) want to come live with me, but the EX doesn't want to let them. That should be a fun adventure.

Financially, I am doing ok- hope to be debt free about March 2005 or so. Then I am sure I will get a wild hair and buy stuff I don't need.

Mentally, well it was never all that promising for me to begin with...

Emotionally, had a rough year, hope next year brings something more pleasant.

Physically, been beating the crap outta myself and don't expect to change that. Life's just too much fun to sit and watch it pass by.

What I want to say to everyone both here and abroad is:

Happy New Year!!!!

May you all receive whatever it is you wish for in 2005.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
Byron,

[/ QUOTE ]

PM-Private Message. I told you I would send you a care package, I just need your addy and your list.

Great to hear about that other thing though, Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregard last transmission. I just saw your post aptly titled "I need British Bike Mags". I will find some for you, along with some other things and have them mailed out to you by the end of next week

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
This year went by so fast it was hard for it to be good or bad.

Work-
The good: I received a promotion in April and another one in September. The money for both was great, but throughout my life, I have had to learn the same old tired lesson; money is not everything.

The bad: With the new position came an average of 70.3 hours a week at work. Not enough time riding my bicycle, playing tennis and working out. As a result, I am supersized forker.

The home life-
The good: My daughter continues to do well in college and she is still not pregnant. :applause: :applause: :applause: :waytogo:

The bad: My son has figured out that since his mom is rich there is no reason to do anything enterprising in his life. He spent the year vacillating between which graduate school he wants to attend, while acquiring a nice tan, a new car, and a new girl friend. (The old one went on to medical school, silly girl :rolling:)

This year I have three goals:

Less time working and more time playing. :laugh:
Getting a new bike for the track and start attending track days. :809028-ridin:
Getting back in shape, so I can achieve the first two.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
the good- changed majors, and am enjoying school much more, with better prospects for a job when i get out. my dad defeated his cancer, got to spend time backpacking flying and rockclimbing, and thats about it

the bad- lost a few friends, 1 to luekemia, and 2 to accidents
tried to help a "friend" out and then was lied straight to my face in court and lost my license. until october of 05.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey evilmink where are you located? aren't you in Vegas. I feel your pain I was alone last year as well and this year I'm stuck searching on New Years Eve to find something to do again. But oh well, the good part of my life this year is the 5 bikes that are in my garage so I can't complain to much.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
mink, things can only get better right. there are some good guys out there, I know a few. :waytogo:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts