Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys go out for a great day long ride, what do you wear?

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedtrip, Have you looked into the Bohn Adventure Armor for your jeans? I am think that might be the key. I usally wear my helment (of course), Aerostich or Triumph leather jacket, gloves and draggin jeans for day rides. i dont think the draggin jeans offer much protection.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
56 Posts
Depends on the weather and temp, but my standard is full face Arai, Triumph Stealth leather jacket (received free from Triumph USA after mucho warranty problems), leather pants and cowboy boots. I know I should get "real" M/C boots. Any suggestions for comfortable boots that you can ride in AND walk in?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I always wear everything I have even if I'm going to the store 1/2 mile away. Arai, Triumph retro armored jacket, gloves, HJC leather pants and Alpinestars. Just feel safer that way.

Nugget'01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought a two piece Joe Rocket leather suit this past winter that I've been wearing a lot this spring. I also have a two piece Tour Master cordura nylon suit that I've had for the past several years. I feel more protected in the leather suit but I don't know yet if it will be bearable in mid summer heat. Besides either of the suits, I wear full face helmet, gloves and motorcycle boots. I have to absorb some "Power Ranger" jokes from coworkers but I can deal with that easier than I can with skin grafts.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RS Guy,

take a look at www.aerostich.com, They have a nice pair of all weather leather Alpine Star, very clean, just look like black boots. The are much more tasteful than my Sidi Strada's. When my pair wears out that is what I would get.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have always been big on wearing Triumph leather ( I got the Stealth jacket and RS hard carbon gloves when I bought the daytona ) If I am doing hard riding I wear the perforated Joe Rocket leather jacket, triumph sport perforated leathers, triumph race boots and hard carbon gloves, if I am just on a normal, long day riding with some curves, I have gotten addicted to the simple Joe Rocket ballistic jacket, you hardly know you are wearing anything and it is cool without the liner, I wear draggins jeans, not much padding but would save your skin from looking like hamburger, and for boots I just wear the simple black Triumph boots which I havent seen in the new catalog, also, I wear the HJC black symax split helmet, the thing is great to open up when you are putting through the little towns at 45 mph to get some relief from the "Helmet cloustrophobia"

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Most rides find me wearing my Aerostitch, one of four helmets (women have shoes, I have helmets), Kushitani gloves, Sidi Boots, back protector.
In hot weather I hang up the Aerostitch in favor of a Vanson Night Avenger jacket and Wintex pants. I also use a Marsee cooling vest in the heat.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick rides- Arai Haga Blue helmet, Triumph Leather Jacket, Draggin jeans, Tourmaster gloves and a pair of black over the ankle boots.
Really Hot Weather ,I wear Kushitani Balistic perforated jacket.

Tours- Aerostich Darien Two peice, Tecknic Tour gloves, Sidis Stradas and Shoei RFR Helmet.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
175 Posts
shoei, triumph boots (the ones with the waterproof fabric. very lite and comfortable), joe rocket ballistic jacket (my second one. the first leaked in the sleeves and they sent me a new one. not bad customer service), triumph gloves.

ian, how does that cooling vest work?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Arai full face helmet, Joe Dropit Meteor jacket, cycloak bib textile pants, gloves, ear plugs, and some big old steel toed dock martins. I'd like to get some better riding boots at some point in the not too distant future. I don't feel right not riding around without full gear. I don't know how people can ride in t-shirts and shorts, gives me the willies seeing people doing it.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Around town and to work:
Helmet
Gloves
Leather Jaket w/ CE rated armor
Draggin Jeans
Hiking Boots

Twisties or track:
Trade Draggin Jeans for Leather pants w/ (almost worn out) sliders /images/icons/smile.gif. GP armor in the kneews
Trade Hiking Boots for rear plexport motorcycle boots.
And back protector.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
My roomate still rides around town, T-shirt, jeans, sunglass.

He knows I think he is an idiot, but it is his decision.

He is my best friend and I would hate to see him get seriously hurt riding with out a helmet.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Arai Quantum/f always. JR Ballistic Pants 3.0, almost always, I can remember going out in just jeans about 5 times in the past year and 1/2. Depending on weather I'll either wear my JR Rihno jacket and Teknic Enforcer gloves(both wapterproof) or Triumph TT600 jacket and Teknic Violator II. Also depending on the mission I'll wear either Sidi Stradas or Alpinestars S-MX Gore-Tex boots.
I am soon to be in posession of a Triumph Race jacket(silver), sport perf pants, and a backpad for more serious speed riding and track days I hope to be attending this year.

2002 Triumph Sprint ST
World Storehouse of useless Knowledge

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every ride (except from the street into my driveway):

Full face helment, gloves, Joe Rocket jacket, leather boots.

Every ride EXCEPT lunch time: Leather pants.

Ride from work to lunch: whatever pants I'm wearing at work.

"It came to pass."

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Skohlscheen, What do you like better your Sidi Strada's or Alpinestar S-MX?

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
267 Posts
one of 3 or 4 outfits, weather and speed dependent...

(really warm)

Triumph Paddock Textile Jacket
First Gear speed pants
Suomy Gunwind
Alpinestars Stage boots
Back Protector
First Gear racing gloves.

(semi warm)

HJC leather jacket
First Gear speed pants
Suomy Gunwind
Alpinestars Stage boots