Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what type of nylon frame sliders(IRP) are made from??

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
It's some special mix they apparently came up with themselves...you might try asking them.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
882 Posts
You can use a material called Delrin, which is the DuPont brand name. It is a self-lubricating (like Teflon) tough plastic that is easily machinable. Almost nothing will stick to it. It can be bought as round-stock off of the internet in many colors. I believe that is what a lot of frame sliders are made of.

Einstein says high speed slows time, so go fast, stay young!
http://home.satx.rr.com/jroberts

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Derlin was what I was thinking of. I just wanted to make sure I wasent thinking of something else.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hey Notto, make me a pair too!/images/icons/wink.gif

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I actually knew that.. /images/icons/smile.gif I just wanted to make you work a little more for the answer.

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work to hard as it is, like 3 days a week. I need a vacation/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
882 Posts
BlueDragon knows everything... /images/icons/wink.gif

I will make my own sliders soon since no one seems to make them for a 94-97 ZX-9R. I am going to use Delrin. In fact, I have some left over from an experimental mold project at work. Envision a piece of Delrin about 42"x14"x4" weighing about 80 lbs and costing $1500! It makes great female mold material, Nothing will stick to it, and I mean NOTHING. /images/icons/smile.gif

Einstein says high speed slows time, so go fast, stay young!
http://home.satx.rr.com/jroberts

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
I have a walk-in-freezer full of used condoms - should I melt them down and go into the Frame Slider Biz?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Can you make the whole bike out of that stuff? Then you could drop it all day and never have to worry about it!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Who cares? You could just run it up to like 100mph and jump off...Have contests to see who can slide the bike the furthest../images/icons/smile.gif Think of all the cool stunts you could come up with if ya had an "indestructable" bike!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
noud, you too??????

<font color=yellow>Zoom,Zoom,Zoom</font color=yellow>
<font color=yellow>MOVE OVER COMIN' THRU</font color=yellow>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts