Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well surprise, surprise... who\'d a thunk it...?

World Supersport

while in the lead... and within the first few laps... whitham loses the front at phillip island. :( gee, what a revelation huh...?!?!? ohhhhh nooooo... couldn't have seen that coming this season... LOL

i mean, i like that guy... but damn... after YEARS of this crap, one would think he'd be about ready to give that sh#%t up...???

("losing the front" that is...)

and btw, him and casoli have run the domestic blue yamaha US colors for the first two rounds now, so it seems this is going to be their scheme for the season... :)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Re: well surprise, surprise... who\'d a thunk it...?

Foret won the Valencia round and Pitt won the Phillip Island round. I think shamar1 was referring to the Phillip Island round.....as usual lots of crashes.

Personally, I love the Supersport races because anything can and usually does happen. Crashes, passes, flames, blown engines....very exciting!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

did you watch the valencia round? With Foret taking his hand off the clip on and turning around to look at the guy behind him every lap? That was awesome.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Was that nervousness or just taunting? I'm bettin' on the latter./images/icons/smile.gif

BTW, how's it going Josh? Long time no see. When will you have time to go riding?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

That move by Foret certainly had the commentators guessing! They were ranting about how he better concentrate on racing and how he must have a problem. After the race, Foret said he's pals with Chambon and was looking back trying to encourage Chambon to pick up the pace so they could have more fun. Foret said he was just playin around and having fun!

·
Registered
623 Posts

With all the weaving around Foret did while looking back at Chambon, he probably rode an extra few hundred meters than the rest of the field./images/icons/laugh.gif I'm not sure which turn it was but he ran wide on one corner pretty consistently too. An interesting race line for sure.

It is sizing up to be a good battle this year.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

They claimed he was taking the longest possible route around the circuit during the commentating. It made for interesting viewing that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

I know the turn you're talking about. I just saw the race this weekend and Foret had that thing exiting over the paint, through the rubble, and sometimes over the grass on that turn. Sure looked like he was having fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts