Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
copy/paste from sc...
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Honda RC211V Rips Through Suzuka Timing Trap at 211 Miles Per Hour!

By: Dennis Noyes

Suzuka, Japan, March 30

With one more day of IRTA tests yet to be held, Honda factory riders Valentino Rossi and Tohru Ukawa, both on the 990cc four stroke Repsol RC211V and Daijiro Katoh on the 500cc two stroke Fortuna NSR, confirmed the worst fears of their rivals by putting up the three quickest times and leaving the best of the rest, Carlos Checa on the 900+ cc YZR M1 Marlboro Yamaha, an embarrassing 1.7 back of Rossi and barely within a second of Ukawa, who was third.

With Rossi lapping in 2’05.086, Katoh in 2’05.457 and Ukawa as 2’05.762, the gap from third to Checa (2’06.718) in fourth was nearly a second. The best indication of the superiority of the three works Honda riders is seen in the fact that the next ten riders, starting with Checa and back to Alex Barros (14th) is just over a second.

Perhaps the most spectacular stat out of day one of the IRTA tests at Suzuka is the top speed of the RC211V5 Hondas. Ukawa’s machine was slightly quicker in a straight line than Rossi’s, roaring through the timing trap at just over 340 km/h, a smoking 211.3 miles per hour, or about 15 km/h (9.3 m/ph) faster than the best of the NSR 500s.

The three Honda works riders took part in private tests last week, with Katoh quickest and with both Katoh and Rossi lapping in the mid-2’04 range. Heavy rains the day before Saturday’s test washed away needed rubber leaving the chilly circuit low on grip, but expect the Honda trio to get back into the 2’04’s if conditions are favorable tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
211 mph................good god that sounds like fun!

Craig #222wsmc

its all in the transitions

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
It actually doesn't say how fast Rossi went. But anywhere near that speed is awesome. Have you guys seen the new street version of this bike?

Jay #43
http://haleanuenue.com/racing.html

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Man, I am thinking that I am going to have to start selling some bikes and investing for 2004 so that I can buy a new race bike! *lol* I can't wait to see one of these bikes for 'us' to buy.
Yeah, it does look like there is something over that brake disc. I think maybe that is for the infield section, maybe these bikes are making so much power that they are throwing up roosts of pavement. *lol*
Jay #43
http://haleanuenue.com/racing.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts