Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notice that sometimes on a cold start i hear something from the front end that sounds like a "whine" or "whistle" type thing...is it the fuel injection? is it bad? should i just go buy a 1K? juss kidding

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Do you hear the sound before or after you press the starter - If it's before then you're hearing the fuel pump priming the system.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scott...no i know that sound. it's after i start up. like right after it starts up it continues.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Thats the sound suzukis make when its time to get a new one... jk brutha.. /images/icons/wink.gif

I think its the exhaust system.. the whistle/wine could be exhaust leakage. I cant say whether its normal for your bike though. I get that regularly with mine. I HAVE a exhaust leak. /images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is though, it goes for like 1 second then stops. it's not constant.

and it's only on cold start ups.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Buy a Ducati, and then you will become accustomed to bikes making strange noises! /images/icons/laugh.gif

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I agree, could be the starter, how long does it last?

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phukit...it last for like half a second, but the sound is distinct that's why i notice it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My logic with odd sounds like that has always been: "either it's normal, or it will get better, or it will get worse." If it gets worse, you can track it down and identify it... otherwise I can live with the little things.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
catsis...i hear that. it doesnt bug me or anything, nor does she feel any different. just wondering i guess

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

My logic with odd sounds like that has always been: "either it's normal, or it will get better, or it will get worse." If it gets worse, you can track it down and identify it... otherwise I can live with the little things.

<hr></blockquote>

Catsis, I bet you ride with a roll of <font color=red>Duct Tape</font color=red> under your seat too! /images/icons/laugh.gif

What happens if you feel your bike wobbles in a straight line, do you wait for it to get better or until the front wheel, rotor or fork fall off to "catch your attention" ??? /images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Duck, tell me you didn't get the point of the response and you are just kidding.....

<font color=yellow>Zoom,Zoom,Zoom</font color=yellow>
<font color=yellow>MOVE OVER COMIN' THRU</font color=yellow>

·
Registered
198 Posts
Actually, that is *sooo* last-century... I keep a tube of "Goop" in there though, along with a few stay-straps. :) Front wheel wobbling in a straight line??? I thought that's what the steering damper was for? ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts