Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped out the coolant on my RS with distilled water and water wetter. Haven't tried riding with it yet, but I'll let you guys know if there is any improvement.

Should I be running some anti-freeze with it, I'm pretty sure the weather here won't get below freezing until fall, so other than the protection anti-freeze provides against the cold, would I benefit from running say 25% anti-freeze, 65% distilled water, and 10% water wetter, rather than 90% distilled water and 10% water wetter??

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I run distilled water and water wetter but I also removed my thermostat too. But I live in San diego and it never freezes at my house. I also had my headers ceramic coated and my bike runs a lot cooler. I would not mix antifreeze with the water and water wetter.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The reason for running WW is so that if you go to a track day and bin it the clean up is easier, as far as mixing different chemical compounds, ask Bill Nye the science guy!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
just curious, but why do this? what is the advantage? yes, let me know how it all works out.

dog
drowning in the land-o-squids

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I just ran distilled water last year, dumped it and put in coolant for the last week or so before storage. After I pulled it out of storage this year, I flushed it out and put in distilled water and water wetter.

The amount of water wetter I put in was pretty small. 8 cap fulls for 2 litres of distilled water.

kman

<font color=red>Live it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Ride it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Race it</font color=red>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts