Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What soap are you guys using to wash your bikes? I have gone through a few puddles and "Pandora" is looking quite the dirty.

Thanks in advance,
~Andy

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Nothing special just dish detergent (I'm sure I'm in the minority on this)
Armor All cleaner for the seat
WD40 for the rims
Gojo for the chain

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I use car wash, any brand, and on the wheels and chain I use this stuff called orange clean, you know the stuff made by oxy clean

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Well i have tomorrows job ready, I finally got all those stickers off of the tank. that was fun, lol.

~A

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I'll second the dish soap to wash the bike.
Simple green to clean the chain and rims.
(and) Top it off w/ a shot of Plexis.

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dawn antibacterial(to kill all the germs)
Gold class wax.
WD-40 to clean the chain.
Armoral on the black plastic.
Plexus on the wind screen.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Take it from me, I would NOT use dish detergent on my car or bike. I used to detail cars and I can tell you that it will not only cut the grease on your dishes, but it will also cut through any wax on your bike and cause it to have a very dull shine or no shine at all. Use a car washing solution or something of that nature. These products are much less abrasive. As for myself, I use either just water or some type of product like Plexus.

Don't worry, you'll get used to the taste of my exhaust!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I use S100 or Hondabrite for washing. Spray on, rinse off. Then I use Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish to shine it up and remove anything the S100 didn't. You can clean every part of your bike with this thing even if the bike hasn't been previously washed (it'll just take longer). It's much better than the S100 wax (which doesn't clean). I've heard dishwashing detergent is a no no.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, thank god I got to busy yesterday to wash the scooter. I may go today and buy some Zymol or Meguiars wash solution, and respectable wax. Thanks guys.

~A

·
Registered
698 Posts
S100 Cycle Cleaner is great. It's the same thing as Hondabrite. Literally, spray it all over your bike and then hose it off. Takes no time at all and removes most of the surface grime. It comes with a small sponge so you can rub out anything that wasn't removed with initial spraying.

But the S100 Wax is not as good as Hondas Spray Cleaner and Polish. Both will make your bike shine, but S100 Wax won't do much for your rims while the Honda Spray will clean and shine them instantly even if you didn't wash your bike. I know a guy who doesn't have a hose and in two years has never washed his bike. All he uses is Honda Spray and his bike looks brand spankin' new. Also, with Honda Spray, you don't need Plexus.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree on the S100. Just picked some up the other day and it is pretty good. Takes maybe 10 minutes to wash the bike. For wax you can't beat Zymol.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Generic car soap and wax won't hurt it. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Auto Magic products, but they have a detailer and wax that is awesome. I've been in the custom paint buisness for alot of years and nothing comes close to these products!With the Bodyshine spray, unless you get caught in the rain or mud, you'll never use soap and water again. The wax is the easiest wax you'll ever use. When my customers pick up their bikes or cars they always ask me what they should use on their new paint, As soon as I demo these products for them, they're sold. Auto Magic only sells to bodyshops and detail shops, but I can hook up anybody that want's some. Believe me, if you saw them used, you would buy them in a heartbeat. I'm getting ready to place an order, so if anybody want's some let me know.I don't know if their prices changed from last year, but it used to be around 8$ for the wax and 12$ for a gallon of the Bodyshine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts