Sportbike Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bike for a friend, preferably an SV650/S but if you've got something else, let me know. The closer to CO, the better. :help:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I should probably sell my SV this spring so I can be ready to move on a new bike without trading it in, not sure what to ask though? It's a silver '03 SV650S with 12k miles...total stock except for the Suzuki seat cowl. It's been down but very minimal damage.

* On the left side of the front upper fairing therse a very small strip of extremely light road rash...but its on the SIDE (not at all on the front) of the upper front fairing so its really not a big deal.

* If anyone cares, the kickstand got "filed" down ever so slightly when it went down (kickstand was up but the side did touch down).

* Shift lever snapped but already replaced. Both turn signals on that side got smashed but have 2 sets of nice aftermarket turn signals (not installed).

* Left rear side fairing cracked and road rashehd but brand new OEM peice in box.

* Has www.bikesliders.com frame sliders installed but the left one was filed down a bit when it went down and bent ever so slightly towards the rear (but would still protect in a tip over).

* Needs new chain and then tires in about 2-3k miles (second set of OEM D220s on there now, installed at 8k miles)

It went down when I was braking on a straight exit ramp, hit some sand towards the stop light at the intersection at the bottom while on the brakes and the front end washed out going 20mph at the max. Slid a few feet but after I picked it up it started right up, rode fine minus that shifter which I've already replaced.

What do you guys think I should try to get for it in a couple months? I know pix would help but I've really told all that there is to tell, I'll try to get some pix sometime before I sell it though.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno man, $4000ish? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I actually found a local one yesterday, 2001 SVS blue, with 1800 miles in great condition for $3200. :waytogo: Now if the guy would only answer his messages!!! :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.