1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wales pics for TJ & Zoey & anyone who\'s interested

I'll kick off with some of Cardiff...our Capital City

A couple of local bike haunts:

This one is a pub on the coast which is over 400 years old. Sadly it was gutted by fire early last year, but has recently re-opened so hopefully the Wednesdya night bike meets will resume when the good weather comes. (This shot wasn't taken on a Wednesday night)

This is at The Downs Cafe...a Sunday meeting point.

Mid Wales :

This one is a still taken from an on-board vid that I shot...and yes...the guy in front did almost hit the sheep! :Wow1:

These were taken at a race meet held in July every year at a place called Aberdare Park....and shows the Welsh summer at its' best!!! :rolling:

At the seaside in West Wales :

South Wales :

Crossing my local Common (open grazing land):

At dusk the sheep start to get a little frisky...

The South Wales Valleys :

@ Tintern

Our Second Severn Crossing which links us to the south of England

and finally some shots of where I live :

The older part of town...

and the view of it from my back garden (apologies for next doors' washing line in the shot)

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Re: Wales pics for TJ & Zoey & anyone who\'s interested

Thanks Yeller, great pics I love the UK......Hope to make it back over in the next year or so again.

·
eWorldChamp
5,754 Posts
Re: Wales pics for TJ & Zoey & anyone who\'s intere

What is this sheep-thing about, besides wool, milk and mutton. Who do theese sheep belong to, what in case of an accident - is it like hitting deer? Like police, insurance, feast???

Wow, you people race at these conditions??? I´m wondering, cause i heard, that MC-Races get cancelled at such conditions (yeah, i don´t mean racetrack etc. - but these pics don´t seem to be from a racetrack...) Or is it more a clubracing, where these people don´t ride hard, and makes it unneccesary to be so cautious???

Anyhow, verrry nice pics :applause: :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
what are the blue white black tank bikes? Triumphs? Very purty bikes.

[/ QUOTE ]
No..they're the Suzuki GSX1400's. Very popular here. At that time 3 of the guys I rode with had them....strangely enough the same gruesome threesome that's in the pic.

[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
Looks like beautiful weather in those shots. Do these pics mean you've gotten the CBR fixed since the "mishap?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful weather in SOME of the shots yes. The ones I took around Cardiff were taken on, what must have been the hottest day of 2003!

and no. All of these were shot pre-"mishap"!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

[ QUOTE ]
evilmink269 said:
Thanks Yeller, great pics I love the UK......Hope to make it back over in the next year or so again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mink...now you know what parts of this fair land look like for future reference.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Twitch said:
What is this sheep-thing about, besides wool, milk and mutton. Who do theese sheep belong to, what in case of an accident - is it like hitting deer? Like police, insurance, feast???

[/ QUOTE ]

The sheep belong to the local farmer and yes it's much like hitting deer, except that the police don't need to be involved unless there is human injury. We also get cows roaming around the roads in those areas too! :shocked:

[ QUOTE ]
Twitch said:
Wow, you people race at these conditions??? I´m wondering, cause i heard, that MC-Races get cancelled at such conditions (yeah, i don´t mean racetrack etc. - but these pics don´t seem to be from a racetrack...) Or is it more a clubracing, where these people don´t ride hard, and makes it unneccesary to be so cautious???

Anyhow, verrry nice pics :applause: :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an annual event where the riders in lots of different classes race around a park in the middle of a town (Aberdare). They will stop the race if the weather is too bad, but as you can see, unless it's really bad they just keep on going. I guess you could compare this to a one-off mini Nurburgring event...Here's some professional pics taken at last years' event to give you an idea. It's an event that is taken very seriously and I think Joey Dunlop (RIP :bow:) raced there once or twice.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts

Really neat area you live in! I really like the buildings and scenery. (except the sheep. I would hate to crush one on the road).

Keep the photos coming! [chant mode] We want more, we want more.....[/chant mode]

·
Registered
7,499 Posts

The shore photos remind me alot of Devon England, my friends Aunt lives in a small village called Dawlish very similiar in look. The older part of your town reminds me of Melbourne where my friend lives just west of Derby they have alot of those round abouts in the village with either statues or War Memorials erected on them. :waytogo: Do you have Birds bakeries in Wales? I just love them awesome shops. Mind you I wouldn't want to eat there to often or I'd be as big as a *whale*. Yes folks pun intended.

Wales looks very lovely, I hope to make it over there sometime only driven past on the way back from the South to the Mids.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

[ QUOTE ]
ZOEY said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah...it took a while...and I think I'm suffering from a repetitive strain injury now!!! :frown:

[ QUOTE ]
ZOEY said:
Really neat area you live in! I really like the buildings and scenery. (except the sheep. I would hate to crush one on the road).

[/ QUOTE ]
I tried to post up a good variety of the stuff I see on my rideouts to give you guys a basic idea of what's out there.

As for the sheep; no. It's not pretty! Sadly they have claimed a few bikers' lives...and they do make a horrible mess when they get squished by bigger opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
ZOEY said:
Keep the photos coming! [chant mode] We want more, we want more.....[/chant mode]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! I'm done! That's roughly the last 3 year's worth, but I'm sure to get some more this year!

Glad you like 'em! :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

[ QUOTE ]
evilmink269 said:
The shore photos remind me alot of Devon England, my friends Aunt lives in a small village called Dawlish very similiar in look. The older part of your town reminds me of Melbourne where my friend lives just west of Derby they have alot of those round abouts in the village with either statues or War Memorials erected on them. :waytogo: Do you have Birds bakeries in Wales? I just love them awesome shops. Mind you I wouldn't want to eat there to often or I'd be as big as a *whale*. Yes folks pun intended.

Wales looks very lovely, I hope to make it over there sometime only driven past on the way back from the South to the Mids.

[/ QUOTE ]

No we don't have Birds bakeries...we have Ferrari's (yes it's a bakery) and Greggs, but they're probably similar small family owned chains to Birds.

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts

Beee-uuu-tiiii-fulll Del. Thanks so much for posting them up. I guess you took those on the one sunny day of the year ? :wink:

Awesome awesome awesome.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Yeah...I covered a LOT of miles that day!!! Phew!!! :lol:

I'm still hoping you and Fuzz will come and see it for yourselves one day! :wink:

·
Registered
7,499 Posts

Yeller, I hope you don't mind me adding photos to your post but someone said they thought some bikes were pretty I just wanted to share the photos of some pretty bikes I took in Stratford when I was there in May.

The Yamaha on the bottom photo belongs to my friend she rode down with the other bikes next to her. :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

BTW Kenny...here's that little toy shop I was telling you about..Coco would just love it!

but maybe we should make sure she doesn't inadvertantly wander into this one :shocked:

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Thank you for the show. :applause:
This is close to how I picture Wales to be --

"Heol - y - cyw" I read as "holy cow", but I'm probably way off on both pronunciation and meaning. :crazy: Do you speak the lingo?

And the sheep, jeez, I'm more excited than ever to visit there. :blush:

I've got pics aplenty from the last twenty years, mostly rural scenes, from sea to shining sea and the Rio Grande to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, but they were taken on film and I don't have a scanner. So, what I've posted in the last few months is all I can show for now. I'm eager to do some ridin' and digital shootin' this year. Two more months....

·
eWorldChamp
5,754 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
It's an annual event where the riders in lots of different classes race around a park in the middle of a town (Aberdare). They will stop the race if the weather is too bad, but as you can see, unless it's really bad they just keep on going. I guess you could compare this to a one-off mini Nurburgring event...Here's some professional pics taken at last years' event to give you an idea. It's an event that is taken very seriously and I think Joey Dunlop (RIP ) raced there once or twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

:Wow1: - Thanks again for your pics AND for that link to the photographer - i spent the last half an hour browsing through the pics - now i´m dizzy, and will have pleasent dreams... :808922-fiddy: :809028-ridin:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Thank you for the show. :applause:
This is close to how I picture Wales to be --

[/ QUOTE ]
What? You mean bleak and overcast? :blush:
:wink:
I took that and the other one on my first ride-out of last year...which was Easter Sunday!

[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
"Heol - y - cyw" I read as "holy cow", but I'm probably way off on both pronunciation and meaning. :crazy:

[/ QUOTE ]

:lol: That's truly inspired, TJ. I've never looked at it that way before...and it's not far off the mark either. A rider I knew many moons ago lost a fight with a bovine opponent on that road. He and his bike came off pretty badly while the cow just got up, shook its' head and ambled away. :crazy:

As for the pronunciation, it's pronounced Hay-ol errr Cue!

[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
Do you speak the lingo?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup!

[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
And the sheep, jeez, I'm more excited than ever to visit there. :blush:

[/ QUOTE ]
[shaking head] Oh dear! [/shaking head] :rolling:

:wink:

[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
I've got pics aplenty from the last twenty years, mostly rural scenes, from sea to shining sea and the Rio Grande to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, but they were taken on film and I don't have a scanner. So, what I've posted in the last few months is all I can show for now. I'm eager to do some ridin' and digital shootin' this year. Two more months....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look forward to it. I love those threads. I'm always grateful for anyone who takes the time and trouble to post up pics of their travels/stomping grounds since it can be a pain in the arse stopping to take pics just when you're in the flow of riding. :waytogo:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.