Sportbike Racing Forum banner

VTR aftermarket exh ??

974 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Icer 
#1 ·
I am going to be making a 2 into 1 system for my Superhawk and have some dimensional questions on the current aftermarket systems out there.

1. Inside diameter measurment of the canisters/silencers? This can be the outlet tube ID or preferably the ID of the perforated tube inside.

2. Outside diameter and over-all length of the canister?

Reason for my making this system is simply it will be different. I will eventually have some pix and dyno comparison numbers and will let everyone know how this ends up.

Thanks much in advance:)

IcerDave

#2 ·
I remember reading somewhere that a 2:1 doesnt work well on the VTR. A couple of companies have tried.
I have seen a VTR with 2 small cans mounted on the same side. Hope it works out for you.

Fil
98 Honda VTR1000
SuperHawk

#4 ·
Honda did that at Daytona for that event only. They are going back to the dual setup for the rest of the season. Basically the 2-1 setup gave them a little more going down the straights and helped reliability for the 200.

Objects in mirror are RAPIDLY getting SMALLER!
'98 Smokin Joe F3 - Miguel Duhamel rocks!

#5 ·
Edwards in Spain was also runnig same set-up as US bikes.

I am not looking for all out power, their's enough there already. I little more punch in the midrange is ok tho. But a little work may yeild some interesting results.

the outlet size will be vary close to the tube size entering the silencer.

tia

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.