Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good ideas for what to wear under leathers? I've heard the coolmax stuff is pretty good with the ribbing and all. Also, poly or silk undergarments available at Sports Chalet etc. I'm told are good as the leather won't stick to it even when wet, making the suit easier to get in and of. Any suggestions?

See you on the inside of the turn.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
i dont know the brand or what the material is but for summertime id have to suggest what i see others wearing. Thin, shiny stuff that doesnt get hot and makes the leathers a helluva lot easier to take on and off. Ask rumjungle.. he has some.

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Coolmax or similar shirt..and spandex bicycle shorts.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Last night was my first hot weather ride in the new pants and man they were hard to get off. LOL When replacing my old leather pants I decided to go down a size to get a better fit and they didn't want to budge much after my short 60 minute ride. I have a pair of silk long johns that I will start wearing again but they are all stretched out and somewhat baggy from use.

Another good item to look at is the Under Armour line of apparel. HeatGear is designed specifically for summer use as you will read below.

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Originally designed for wear underneath shoulder pads, HeatGear™ slides over your body with a second-skin fit, delivering compression without restriction, making it the perfect choice for any activity, on the field or on the job. The Under Armour Fabric™ pulls perspiration off your skin, leaving the moisture on the outside of the shirt where it runs off or evaporates. The result? You’re left cool, dry, and lighter than the competition.

<hr></blockquote>

They also have items for colder weather. I know Under Armour got there break with the NFL athletes and appears to be a well constructed product. At about $50 a pop for the long sleeved shirts or pants I'm hesitant to try them out though. They aren't kidding about the second skin fit either. I did manage to try on the long sleeve cold gear shirt (Dicks Sporting Goods sells them) and it was very hard to get off. /images/icons/laugh.gif If anyone has tried them please let us know your thoughts.

http://www.underarmour.com/ua/ua3htmldept.asp?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I've been reading about Under Armor and have been waiting to try it on for size. I want to get a longsleeve top and full length leggings but they're $50 each! So I'm waiting to go to a local store so I can try 'em on...maybe this weekend./images/icons/smile.gif Currently, I wear a coolmax longsleeve shirt that I bought from Aerostitch. It's good at keeping you a bit cooler and it's 10000% better than cotton./images/icons/smile.gif I'm sure you all know how hard it is to get leather to separate from wet cotton. With the coolmax shirt, the leathers just about slide off on their own. Not bad for a $20 shirt. I've got bicycling shorts on underneath too and that helps.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, good input. The coolmax stuff sounds like the answer, but for $20? The ads I've seen are more in the $70 range each for shirt or pants. Any sources with good pricing out there?

See you on the inside of the turn.

·
Registered
944 Posts
http://www.rvuultracool.com/
These guys are the ones with Coolmax ribbed shirts and pants. I've had good luck with their shortsleeve ribbed shirts.

2002 Triumph Sprint ST
World Storehouse of useless Knowledge

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I just wear spandex/coolmax running tights... you can get 'em at any SportsAuthority shop. Usually about $20-30 bucks.

I've worn the bicycle pants before, but you still sweat on your lower legs... sweat makes you stick to the nylon lining of leathers, making them harder to take off.

I suppose if you're really cheap... you might be able to wear women's panty hose? Just dont get in an accident and have to explain yourself! Bwahahaha! Kinda like wearing clean underwear for an accident!

M.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Silk long johns?????????/images/icons/crazy.gif
Hmmmmmmm [thinking] should i ask? /images/icons/wink.gif

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
LOL, I don't know what else to call them but that. /images/icons/smile.gif They are black with no lace at the cuffs if that makes a difference. Wanna picture? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey Rum, I picked up a Under Armor shirt last week and so far so good. I will be picking up the bottoms as well since I liked how the top performed. Keeps you cool and leathers come right off. I went to a Sport Chalet, they carry a lot of their products.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
To whoever asked, the coolmax shirt from Aerostitch is only $20. That's what I've been wearing. Just look under the "underwear" section and you'll find the shirts.

However, I just picked up an Under Armor Heat Gear long sleeve compression top and full leggings for $35 each at SportMart. They make a good product except that you end up looking like 'Deiter from Schprockets'./images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's time to DANCE/images/icons/cool.gif

<font color=green>I'm not trying to hang off, I'm trying to hang ON!</font color=green>/images/icons/tongue.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts