Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ummmn, it\'s not jan. yet so how is this happening?

OR IS IT...??? :rolling:

December 17 2004

Hodgson tests for U.S.

Neil Hodgson completed the first day of a two-day test for the Parts Unlimited Ducati Austin team yesterday, Thursday December 16. He and team-mate Eric Bostrom rode the Ducati 999Rs on which they'll contest the 2005 AMA Superbike championship, and Hodgson was "dead happy" with the first day."

continued here...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=m...egory=SPORT_WSB

the latest round of tests in valencia ended up already and he wasn't there and if you recall his first appearance isn't supposed to come until the tire tests in daytona the first week in january. so #1, where in the hell are they testing...? road atlanta...? and #2, assuming it is happening how come no American rag is up on it...? unless of course you count me as a one man "American rag"...? :lol: you may now proceed to find this showing up elsewhere locally. :grin:

[ QUOTE ]
Toseland, Laconi and Lanzi will be in action next week on November 16-18 in three days of testing at Valencia, whereas Neil Hodgson's first appearance for the AMA Superbike team is scheduled for January 3-5, 2005 in testing at the legendary Daytona circuit in Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

or is he in Spain...?

[ QUOTE ]
Neil Hodgson will get his first chance to test the 2005 “package” at the Ducati Corse development tests organised at Jerez de la Frontera (Spain) on December 16-17. Both riders will then continue their preparation for the new season at Daytona from January 3-5

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Re: ummmn, it\'s not jan. yet so how is this happening?

What exactly are you askin'? Yeah he is in Spain, is says so a couple of times in the article. I think the Jan. thing is the 'official' AMA team test, but they are obviously getting the boys out on the track outside of the US for the time being. Since he is coming from Ducati to.... Ducati, he doesn't have to wait for the calendar year-end of his contract to ride on another bike.
Yosh does the same thing, they go outside the US to do some Pre-Jan testing.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ummmn, it\'s not jan. yet so how is this happening?

belay my last. they've now updated the article... at first there wasn't even a picture being shown either. it's good that he's testing at least a lil' somethin' somethin' here in '04 before the daytona tests. :applause: in fact, i'm elated...!!! /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif i was VERY worried at first 'cause nothing other than daytona was spoken of... and yet he's talkin' about somehow dethroning mladin...??? :rolling: how does one make that leap...? not without testing homie. hell, even WITH testing it still ain't gonna happen. :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts