Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

UK MODEL
LIMITED PRODUCTION. Available in August 2001 only in the UK.

GSE World Superbike racer Neil Hodgson has joined a very select band of riders by having a Ducati named after him: the 996S Hodgson Replica.

Following the 2000 British Superbike Champion’s awesome achievements last year and so far this season in the World Superbike Championship on board his GSE factory 996 Superbike, Ducati UK’s Managing Director, Piero Guidi decided to honour Neil by producing a very special limited edition model:

“I have followed Neil’s career for many years now, and it has to be said that he is an extremely talented and determined rider. Neil’s determination has been more apparent than ever this season as his results confirm. I felt the creation of a limited production replica was the perfect way to celebrate Neil’s outstanding achievements”.

The 996S Hodgson Replica in its orange GSE livery will be available in very limited numbers and <font color=red>in the UK only</font color=red>, via authorised Ducati dealers. It boasts a comprehensively upgraded specification that transforms the already awesome 996S into a formidable package both in terms of looks and performance. With the Ducati Performance parts that are included within the price fitted for track day use, the Hodgson Replica’s power output has the potential to increase to an awesome 130 BHP!

COLOUR SCHEME & GRAPHICS

The overall look of the Hodgson Replica mirrors this seasons World Superbike Championship GSE team race bike with orange paintwork and white ‘race number’ sections on the tailpiece and top cowling, as well as the team sponsor graphics.
GSE graphics are placed on each side of the lower cowling and the fuel tank.
The paintwork and graphics are lacquered over as part of the overall finish of the machine.
In addition, a Sponsors graphic kit is provided for fitment as required. The 996S Marchesini 5 spoke wheels are painted black.

HODGSON REPLICA PERFORMANCE PARTS SPECIFICATION

As 2001 996S specification , plus the following:
Termignioni carbon fibre silencers
Full carbon fibre air box
Carbon fibre air tubes
Carbon fibre swing arm cover
Alloy rear set footrest kit
Tinted windscreen
Carbon fibre front sprocket cover
Carbon fibre number plate holder

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Yep, we're the lucky ones alright! /images/icons/tongue.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hey Duc, you put "the UK TO get" in the article it states
that this is a 2001.
What's up with that?

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright alright, it's an old article that I came across while surfing Ducati.com and I didn't remember seeing it before. I'm a slacker...what can I say? /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
We're still the lucky ones.... /images/icons/tongue.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the carbon body from the 1999 GSE INS/HM Plant British Superbike. I also have Hodgesons AXO replica helmet from the 2000 season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts