Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I don't know...I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think it's pretty cool looking. I love the wheels!

The only thing I might change would be to get a custom seat cover to maintain the white number plates and integrate the black strip seperating them; the red seat looks silly.

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Ditto, I like it except for the seat...

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I dont care for it, If I were gonna paint a Duc aftermarket... I'd keep it simple like gloss black with "Ghost Flames". FYI, ghost flames are just clearcoat paint with a minimal amount of metalic flakes in it... cant really see them til the sun hits it just right.

BUT, it does look better than the local joker in town who painted his 996 that chameleon green/purple crap! He also painted the 996 numbers in gothic font!

His bike looks like a "Bone Thugs in Harmony" pimp cycle now!

M.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
If the transition from green to black to red was maybe done with a bit of feathering, just maybe I'd still hate it/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
That bike can win the Laguna Seca Ducati show.
Anyone here see best Superbike last year?
(bright metallic blue, everything chromed or polished, #69 number plate...if memory serves)
yuk.
(apolgies in advance if anyone here owns that...)
-jeff h.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I saw that Blue/Chrome 996.
I took did not like it.
He chromed the stock cans!
STOCK!
NOT EVEN CORED!!(hehehe)

If the guy had enough money to chrome everything, he could at least have tried to tune the thing.

<font color=blue>:::...WORD...:::</font color=blue>

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Make it go away. I understand the desire to be different, but Man... [shaking head]

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
770 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I bet you'd like it if there was a vented carbon front fender on it.

<hr></blockquote>

Ha-ha...only if it was cheap. Like, say I won it in a raffle or something./images/icons/laugh.gif Speaking of which, I just put it on the bike this evening. James of MotoWheels and I have been going back and forth over the past couple of weeks. Full details to follow along with pics. For now, suffice it to say that James ROCKS!!! Great guy to do business with. I probably won't get a chance to get pics until next week, but I'll get them up as soon as I can.

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I saw that Blue/Chrome 996.
I took did not like it.
He chromed the stock cans!
STOCK!
NOT EVEN CORED!!(hehehe)

If the guy had enough money to chrome everything, he could at least have tried to tune the thing.

<hr></blockquote>

I saw it too at the Cow Palace last year, but I think it was a 916. I'll see if I can dig up the picture. I brought my camera thinking there'd be a bunch of nice bikes, but ended up taking one picture of the one Duc in the entire place. Everything else were rice-rocket bump-mobiles or neon-colored Jap bikes. That was a joke. Anyway, I thought the chrome was way too much. Did you notice how he removed the rear vents and stuffed his turn signals way down into the cowl? And this thing won a prize? With wires hanging everywhere, including the battery? LOL What a POS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts