Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6701475/

[ QUOTE ]
Baskin completed five long laps of the airstrip to cheers and handshakes in 3 hours, 12 minutes and 15 seconds — an impressive time considering the conditions.

[/ QUOTE ] I did 3:10 in San Diego under conditions ten times better. My hat is off to this service member...... :waytogo:

[ QUOTE ]
The Afghan National Olympic Committee said the race was the first marathon in the history of this war-ravaged country.

[/ QUOTE ] How cool is this......... :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
thats a pretty damn good run. 7:15.3 a mile for 3 hrs 10 minutes at high altitude. whent hey said burst into tears, I figured cuz it hurt so bad. :bow:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
wingswheels said:
thats a pretty damn good run. 7:15.3 a mile for 3 hrs 10 minutes at high altitude. whent hey said burst into tears, I figured cuz it hurt so bad. :bow:

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly, you gotta wonder how good his time would have been under different conditions..... :waytogo:

I was on pace in my training in Okinawa in 1998 to run about a 2:40 to 2:50 and then was deployed on a mission back to Iraq because Saddam was being an a**......

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
My brother was telling me about this guy last week, saw it on some tv show... It's just insane.

How bout this guy here

Sir Ranulph Fiennes has succeeded in his record breaking challenge to run seven marathons in as many days.

The 59-year-old British adventurer, dubbed "the world's greatest explorer" by the Guinness Book of Records, completed the New York marathon yesterday in five hours and 25 minutes.

Sir Ranulph and fellow adventurer Michael Stroud broke the world record by running 26 miles every day for a week.

The other races were in the Falkland Islands, Chile, Australia, Singapore, London and Egypt.

Sir Ranulph, who suffered a heart attack four-and-a-half months ago, finished the challenge at 3.30pm local time.

"It's the best thing possible," he said at the finishing line. "It was good fun. We thought it would be and it was."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts