Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been experimenting with some different bar configurations and so far I've found the stock to work best. Had some drag bars not long ago that were not only super uncomfortable but also caused my clutch line to break and my turning radius to decrease by 25%. Needless to say I'm running stock again.

Today I ended up on this website:

http://www.twobros.com/Perf_Products/HB/V3Handlebars.shtm

I'm looking for an adjustable set of bars that I can use on the track and when canyon carving. Something more forward and aggressive. Has anybody tried those or heard anything about them? Any other brands I should look at? Thanks!

-Nick

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have used Gilles clips on my last 2 bikes, a Mille and an R1 to get a better riding position(more upright)now I have a new Speed Triple. They also have several height adjusters. One thing to consider for use on the track is the inevitble crash and for this you want to stick with what everybody else uses so spares are available at the track, 3 piece are the best as they come off without removing the upper triple or forklegs, I like the woodcraft I run on my Gixxer track beater, on this bike I run Attack rearsets and I carry a complete set of spare parts when I go th the track since NOBODY uses these expensive rearsets at the track.
Hadley

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have 'em and I love 'em. Quality product. There was a thread on this (with pictures) started by me in the Triumph forum on 10/22/02 (last post on 11/13/02) entitled "Two Brothers Clip-ons". I went with the 2.25" version so I wouldn't need new cables.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks guys. I ended up ordering some cafe-racer style bars to try out. Only $30 so I figured I'd experiment. If they don't turn out to be what I need I'll consider the Two Bros. Thanks again.

-Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.