Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Metro Area or Suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul? Lets use this Board to organize a group ride of Sportbike people! What do yall think?

Sportbiking: where unimanginable skill meets inexplicable stupidity.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
When are we hookin' up to go for a ride? Have you been in touch with Tom or Justin?

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey i am getting my bike friday of this week, i would be interested eventually after i work my self into the feeling of it of cruising with yall.

·
Registered
553 Posts
i can't make it this weekend, maybe in a few. I need to go hit "O" and scrub my new pucks./images/icons/smile.gif

Yes my motorcycle is fast..
No you can't ride it!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey ONE Luv, how did the polishing project go? I did my rims this spring, left just the spokes black, looks saaweeet!

Yes my motorcycle is fast..
No you can't ride it!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Blayz -- been to O and done that. Maybe not gonna do it again. The road was clean for the most part, but frost was not kind this winter and the bumps damn near shook me off the bike. Don't get me started with the midcorner bumps. But fear not. I have just the perfect ride for you and everyone here! It starts further down 35 in Stockholm and loops back into Pepin. It hits county roads SS, N, D, C, ETC ETC. All new roads with awesome turns!

Everyone -- The deal on the rides is this: Someone will post around FRiday's or so if a ride out there is going down as long as weather permits. A meeting place and time is set. If you're not there you're square and the group rolls out on the time announced, no later. Straglers get left behind. Everyone rides at their own pace so long as no unsafe maneuvers are pulled. IE mid-corner passes, landing wheelies on someones ass, you know, stuff that would make you feel unsafe around new riders.

I know I sound like a dinguss when I say this stuff, but there hasn't been a year yet in which someone new hasn't crashed on a ride and I'm trying to make sure it doesn't happen this year.

New riders are welcome. We don't discriminate against first year pilots, they just need to know that there's gonna be people pushing the envelope they haven't even begun to scratch the surface of yet. So bring your friends. Come one come all. Bring a smile and leave the ego back in the cage you pulled the two wheeled monster out of.

Snoochie Boochies!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think this weekend isn't going to be happening for me. The weather looks questionable and I am pretty sure Saturday is booked for me. Send me a personal message if any of you are available Friday after 3:30, maybe I can figure a a quick and twisty place to go if the weather is nice enough for a evening ride.

If you wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
It's only suppose to be in the upper 40's this Friday and Saturday so not the warmest temps to lean it very hard.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I saw that forecast. Now that I have had a dose of 60 and above, anything else means I will probably think of other stuff to do besides freezing my butt off and not being able to confidently lean or ride aggressive. If the forecast doesn't change for the better, I plan on doing other things. Besides, my bike is getting the valves adjusted and I have no idea when I will be getting it back.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My gut feeling is that it won't get that cold this weekend. They haven't gotten one of the forecasts straight for a solid week now. I swear a monkey could do the job better!

Snoochie Boochies!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for Representing and getting some talk goin on here. I just think it is WAY more fun to ride with some people rather than solo. As for this weekend I work everyday untill 4pm. if it is nice out i am game to ride after that time. Holla if you are interested!

·
Registered
59 Posts
YO! I'm in as soon as i get my [censored] together. Maybe I'll just come down and jack my bro's ride.

SOMETIMES U JIST GOTTA SAY F$CKIT

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey everyone!!! If you want to get in on the weekend rides, send me , firerr, or jmoney a personal message. I went out on Saturday and had a blast in Wisconsin and could have enjoyed the company of some of you other Minnesotan esportbikers. So, for now on, if you want to join up, send some personal e-mails so that we have confirmation on who is available and willing to go. Like I said before, I will take a look at the weather and post a ride plan earlier in the week and then anyone who wants in can respond or send personal e-mails so that we can better organize the ride.

So far I see questionable weather for the week so I can't say right now if a ride is on for next weekend yet. But I will have something posted either monday or tuesday.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope this weekend is nice, I dont have to work and I wanna rack up some milage on the 'ole R1!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sota Weekend will be released every Monday or Tuesday and it will discuss the forecast and where we all would like to meet and ride. I posted this upcoming weekend and it pretty much talks about the weather being crap and that a good ride is not in the cards for this weekend. It would take a miracle right now to change 45 and snwoy rainy to 60 and sunny so as of now I plan to do nothing bike related this weekend.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you need to be a little more optimistic about the weather MN-rr!! just kidding deeger, I'm just playin'

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sometimes I wonder why i'm still in this state!!!!!/images/icons/mad.gif

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have stopped wondering and now in he state beyond denial of Minnesota weather, which is the next state, how to get your butt out of Minnesota. This step involves seeing new and warmer places with twistier roads and better weather. So far I have it narrowed down to Colorado and Vermont. Colorado is warmer than Vermont, but the weather can change quickly. Now all I have to do is move to step three and that involves the find a stable career to support your motorcycling lifestyle while you move away from Minnesota step.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey can i come? my Trek 21 speed is out of the garage from winter, after a tune up i should be good to go! hope u guys can keep up though.....

He who laughs, lasts

·
Registered
846 Posts
i just picked up my bike yesturday and after a cold shaky ride home i could almost write one of those first ride things but for sake of time it was awesome, got to push it a bit over by the emrald city, but it was fun too bad its gunna rain this weekend, but as i get better ill ride with yall some.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts